Chapter 11

XAVIER POV

"Come on Jasmine, you got this!!" I hear Amelia yell. She face is in obvious awe at how well her best friend is doing.

I'm standing in the corner of the room, not really sure what to do - I know I'm not supposed to be here but I was invited.

Jasmine's screams fill the room mixed with curses and tears. "Thank god you weren't pregnant Mel, this shit hurts!" She yells.

Amelia's eyes soften a little bit at that comment but she doesn't let it phase her at all and carries on by Jasmine's side.

Dylan, her husband, is holding her hand and whispering sweet things into her ear about how when the baby is finally out they'll be so happy.

"One more push." The doctor says.

About a minute later a baby's cry replaces Jasmine's screams. Jasmine, deflates onto the bed, a smile of relief on her face.

The baby is placed into her arms and both she and Dylan's eyes are full of tears. Amelia is crying tears of joy as well as she watches the happy couple.

"Gabriella." Jasmine says, "that's her name." She announces, her eyes not leaving her baby.

"Mel, I gotta get cleaned up can you hold her." She hands Gabriella to Amelia before being escorted to the bathroom in a wheelchair.

Amelia cradles the baby in her arms, touching her nose to hers. She's slowly rocking her hips in order to sway the baby.

It was an intimate moment that I couldn't help but stare.

It reminded me of when Amelia thought she was pregnant, a swirl of emotions were visible in her eyes. I'm sure she was thinking about how a few years ago it could've been her own child.

Her pregnancy scare always stuck with me. In a way, I was happy that she wasn't pregnant - no child should've been put through what happened between us.

However, I always wondered that if we did share a child maybe things would've been different.

"Umm...thank you for staying." She says so lowly I barely hear her.

"Not a problem." I sigh. It was a problem - I was now behind schedule which I couldn't afford.

"I'll take the baby," Jodie walks in "you should get back to work." Amelia nods and we both leave the hospital and get into the car.

"I really apologise, I'm sure you didn't expect to be in a labour room today." Amelia begins as I start driving.

"Don't worry about it Miss Davis, but I need to grab some documents from my house before I drop you back, is that ok?" I say. She nods and we drive in silence.

I stopped outside my house, the one I lived in with Amelia. I couldn't bring myself to leave it or sell it, it held too many memories.

"You can sit inside if you want." I say to her as I jog up the stairs and to my office.

I grab the few files and documents I needed for my next meeting and leave the office.

When I walk back out I see that the door to Amelia's old room is wide open - and she's in there.

I watch her, not making any noise. She runs her fingers along every table top and her eyes settle on the red dress sprawled across the floor.

I hadn't done anything to it. Since the day she left the room has stayed the same, from the dress and shoes she wore to the ball, to her earring on the bedside table and the half empty perfume bottles in the bathroom.

Apart from having a cleaner dust it every now and then nothing was touched.

She sees me and clears her throat awkwardly "I just wanted to see what you did with the place."

"How could I do anything." My voice cracks "it's all yours."

She looks away for a moment before walking out and walking past me back downstairs, presumably into the car.

When I follow her down she I spot her wiping her eyes with a tissue from her purse, it was refreshing to see that she was going through the same thing as me.

I get into the car, not saying anything and drive her back to the Eva Enterprises building.

"I..um" there's an awkward silence "I'll get on with the new plans we discussed today." She says and walks into the building.

I watch until she's gone in, where an employee happily greets her - none of my employees ever do that.

She knew how to run a business, I'll give it to her - top businesswoman in America wasn't a small feat but I knew she wanted more.

You could see that passion in her eyes, and that hunger for success - that is what was going to get me back to being the best.

Once she's out of my sight I start my car again. I'm about to back out of the parking when I hear a horn beep loudly.

I didn't hit them, but I was very close to doing so. The driver comes up to me and it's Alexander Chopra.

"Good afternoon, Mr King - it's a surprise seeing you at Eva Enterprises." His British accent is very apparent.

"I was just here for business." I say, not wanting to give much away.

"Well it's nice to see the exes get along, I'll say." He smirks. I laugh humourlessly.

"I'm very busy Mr Chopra," I say, rolling my window back up and carefully pulling out so I don't hit his car before driving back to my office.

Why was he here?

Is he working with Amelia?

eid mubarak to all my muslims readers!!

damn is feels so weird to write 'Amelia' instead of 'Lia' when im doing a xavier pov

let me know what you think of amelia going back to the house..

lots of love
-BanditLuva🖤