Chapter 16

AMELIA POV

"There are 7 shipments that need to be sent in the time that I'm gone." I tell Jodie, she was going to be in charge as I'm gone to Milan for 3 days.

"Is there any business at Kings Corp for me?" she asks, looking hopeful but when I say no her face drops.

"Why do I feel like you want to go to Kings Corp. for non-business reasons." I say, raising an eyebrow.

Her face goes red and looks down at the ground. I decide not to question it further, as to not embarrass her.

"Your flight is in 2 hours, are you all packed up?" she changes the topic.

"I only need a small carry on, I'll be back in 3 days." I say and she nods. After giving her the last few documents and instructions I leave the office and tell the chauffer to come outside the building with the bag I already had put in the back.

The drive to the airport was longer than usual, I was going in the private jet which is on the opposite side of the city, in a different airport to commercial planes.

I finally arrive at the airport, to see my plane ready for take off.

The air hostess takes my small suitcase and I go and sit in one of the 10 seats the plane had. I decided to get a head start on the work and also I video-called Mr Russo, who I was planning on visiting.

I had seen him a few times since the divorce, it hit him harder than I expected. Xavier was like a son to him and it hurt him to see his marriage ruined.

Everyone, including Mr Russo, was told we got divorced because we fell out of love but he refused to believe that. He thought there was something still there between us, despite Xavier dating his daughter.

"Hello, Amelia how are you?" Mr Russo asks when he picks up my call.

"I'm good sir. I'm in my jet, coming to Milan for a few days." I say, my voice jumps a little as the jet takes off.

"Really?" his eyes twinkle "Then you must stay with me,"

"That's not necessary sir, I have a hotel room." I say.

"Nonsense, why would you stay at a hotel when you have family here Amelia. Stay with us, Sofia is here as well." he insists.

"Alright, fine." I give in. I had a spot for Mr. Russo, he was like the father I always wanted.

I hadn't seen my own father again since the fake wedding, and I didn't want to - I had people who loved me regardless.

I drift into a comfortable sleep, which is disturbed when the plane hits the runway. I jolt awake at the loud thud and rub my eyes.

"You're luggage will be taken to your hotel," an airhostess says as I walk down the stairs and off the plane.

"No need, I'm staying at the Russo residence, I'll take it there." I say and take my little suitcase with me into the car.

I arrive at the Russo mansion soon, where Mr Russo greets me at the door, pulling me into a hug.

"How was your journey?" he asks.

"Private jet, can't complain." I joke.

A butler takes me to my room and I decide to get changed and freshen up before going back. I take a quick shower and let my hair air dry. I had no business today and so I decide to wear baby pink floral romper with white sandals.

It was too hot so I don't wear any make up and go back down to talk to Mr Russo.

"So what brings you to Italy?" he asks as we both sit down in his massive living room.

"Meetings, a medical company wants to use Eva Enterprises equipment here." I say.

"I must say, I'm very proud of your achievements Amelia, already better than your husband." he laughs.

"Ex-husband." I correct him.

"Oh, all couples go through little spats, you'll be falling for him again before you know it." he brushes off.

"He's dating your daughter."

"I know that, but their love isn't real Amelia. I wanted to marry Xavier to Sofia all those years ago, but after I saw the love he has for you I couldn't. I'm always rooting for you two."

I know he means well, but it was difficult to agree with him but I said nothing to be respectful.

"What happens will happen." I shrug, trying to finish the conversation here.

"I guess, could you get me a glass of water from the kitchen?" He asks.

I nod and make my way to the kitchen, opening the giant fridge doors and pull out the jug of cool water.

"You just can't seem to leave me alone.." the unmistakable voice of Xavier says.

His voice shocks me to the point where I drop the jug of water, completely wetting myself and the floor.

Xavier's eyebrows raise. His eyes are tracking the wet clothes clinging onto my body.

"First it was coffee, now it's water, and you'll blame me again." He says slyly. I huff frustratedly.

I wanted to say something but my teeth start chattering and my body is shivering as the ice water drips down my body.

His face softens, probably out of pity.

"Clean your self up Amelia," he says condescendingly, throwing his suit jacket over my shoulders before he walks out of the kitchen.

"You knew he was here!" I yell at Mr Russo, as I storm back into the living room.

"And I assume you've got his jacket over your shoulders?" He asks smugly.

-BanditLuva🖤