Chapter 19

AMELIA POV

The cool New York air hits my bare legs as I walk down the stairs of the jet and sit into the car waiting for me right next to it.

The chauffeur drives me to my house and luckily it's 3am so I don't feel bad about passing out on my bed.

I was glad to finally be back in my own house. I thought Italy would be an escape from Xavier but I even managed to see him there.

Not only see him, but kiss him. His lips on mine felt foreign, I had kissed him before, so many times, but it was different.

He was no longer the prince who broke my evil curse, but the poison that cursed me in the first place.

The chauffeur soon arrives at my house and opens the door for me before driving the car to the garage.

I breathe in the refreshing air of my home, changing into pyjamas and instantly crashing into my bed. I was too tired to even eat anything and fell asleep straight away.

I wake up to my phone buzzing against my cheek, I answer it.

"Good morning sleepyhead." Jasmine greets me.

"Hey." My groggy morning voice answers back.

"We're going clubbing tonight." She commands "It's Jodie's new friend's birthday and she wants us to tag along."

"Leroy?" I ask, my interest suddenly peaked.

"Girl I don't know his name, all I know is that I need a night out." She laughs into the phone.

"Fine, I'll see you guys at Nirvana around 9." I say, mentioning my favourite club in the city.

"Look sexy!" She says right before I hang up.

I stretch my body across the bed before getting out of my bed, my feet wincing as they touch the cold floor.

I had slept in longer than I thought and it was already 2pm. I get into the shower, washing my hair with my strawberry shampoo.

I take extra long in the shower, letting the warm water run across my body, soothing my soreness from travelling.

I waste some time watching TV and reading files until it's time to finally get ready. I decide to keep it simple, wearing a khaki green, backless body-con dress that came just above my knee.

I was too lazy to do much makeup so I just put on some false lashes and a quick swipe of lipgloss.

I wear matching khaki gladiator heels and some sliver hoop earrings and a necklace before getting an Uber to the club.

I only have to wait outside the club for a few minutes before I see Jasmine and Jodie arrive in separate Ubers, Jodie awkwardly walking alongside Leroy.

I give her a look and she blushes but stays by me and Jasmine as Leroy walks into the club.

Jasmine is in a long red maxi dress whilst Jodie is in a leather mini skirt and snake print tube top.

"Let's get drunk ladies!" Jasmine yells as she marches into the club, us following her.

"Can you even drink?" Jodie asks, referring to the fact that Jasmine has a breastfeeding baby at home.

Jasmine doesn't say anything but squeezes one of her breasts to indicate that she pumped beforehand.

Jasmine disappears for a moment before coming back with a plate that had some shot glasses for all of us. I give the girls a knowing smile before picking up my glass.