6 | perishable

CHAPTER 6,

PERISHABLE

"If he turns out to be the kanima or something, I swear to god

"If he turns out to be the kanima or something, I swear to god."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

PREPARING HERSELF FOR another day of school, Indiana gets herself dressed before walking downstairs with her backpack slung over her shoulder. She finds Scott sitting down at the kitchen table with a plate of toast bread sitting in front of him. The boy has had to have a bunch of tests done to him because the doctors had to figure out why he practically came back to life.

"What happened when you told Parrish last night?" Indiana asks.

"Better than expected. He was slightly confused and had a lot of questions though." Scott replies.

"What is he then?" Indiana asks, taking a bite of his toast and receiving a glare from him.

"We still don't know." Scott admits.

"If he turns out to be the kanima or something, I swear to god." Indiana comments.

"Doubt it." Scott replies. "He survived being burnt alive, that's not normal, Indi."

"May I remind you that nothing in Beacon Hills ever turns out to be normal?" Indiana says, raising a brow.

Scott sighs. "True. Hey, have you heard from Liam?"

"No, I figured I'd give him some space for a bit. I'll speak to him at school though." Indiana replies.

"That's probably best for now." Scott says.

"I asked Mason and he says he hasn't spoken to Liam either. I'm kinda worried." Indiana informs.

"He'll be fine. We're going to help him, remember?" Scott reminds.

"Obviously." Indiana replies.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

Walking through the hallways of school with Mason right by her side, Indiana turns the corner to see Liam standing there. She notices the look of nervousness and panic crossed over his face, making her frown slightly.

"Hey, Liam, are Indi and I gonna see you at the bonfire tonight?" Mason asks.

"Uh.. I'm thinking about skipping it." Liam replies.

"You're not skipping." Mason refuses.

"Why not?" Liam questions.

"You're on the lacrosse team. Don't you have to go?" Mason replies.