26 | the beast of beacon hills

CHAPTER 26,

THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS

"How about I punch you in the balls to remind you we're not?"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

INDIANA SITS ON the end of Liam's bed, glancing over at him to double check that he's okay. Ever since being at the school earlier, she's been worried about whether he's healed properly or not.

The two were out earlier, running through the woods in search for Mason. They were eager to find their best friend and bring him back to where the pack can actually help him rather than let him continue running because of some people who want him dead.

"Why is it one of us always seems to be unhappy?" Indiana blurts out, grabbing Liam's attention. "Something always happens and we don't get to hang out normally like we used to."

"We will again eventually." Liam replies, sliding his hand into hers before kissing the back of her hand gently. "I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Dunbar." Indiana jokes.

"Yeah, well, I'm keeping this promise." Liam replies.

The brunette smiles, shuffling over to him where their faces move inches shading from one another. She bites her bottom lip slightly to contain just how happy she is to be around him, Liam noticing as he cups her face gently in his hands.

"You're so gorgeous." Liam mumbles under his breath.

This makes her heart jump slightly, a red tint making its way into her cheeks as she blushes at his words. The girl has never been used to compliments, never knowing how to react since her face normally goes extremely red.

But to avoid her making the situation awkward, Indiana leans forwards and presses her lips against his. Liam's other hand rests at her waist, pulling her closer to his body and deepening the kiss. They soon pull away, Indi quickly leaning down and pecking his lips once more with a giggle before resting her head on his chest.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

It's the following day now and the pack is crowded around the McCall kitchen table, Indiana's head resting on Liam's shoulder as she sits next to him. She hardly got any sleep last night due to worrying about Mason and his whereabouts, creating dark circles beneath her eyes.

"My dad's got an APB out." Stiles informs.

"For a 5'8" 16 year old?" Kira questions.

"I recommended 9ft tall rampaging werewolf." Stiles replies.