Life's Test.

Shivaay knew it will hurt her to the core but he had to say that, He saw her regretting it for the whole life and how she became disconnected from her father and her sister. And their plan of getting her back also backfired. He couldn't believe his eyes when he saw her attachment over her family and how she trusts them to the core. 

"You must have seen someone else, Shivaay... It can't be my mom" - Anika said when her tone pales out due to the shock. 

"It's your mom, Ani... I accidentally went to the hospital to meet my father's friend. I saw your mom when I enquired they said, She's suffering from Brain tumor..." - Shivaay opened it up with heavy heart. She immediately switched back her gaze to somewhere else, As his expression told her he wasn't lying. But she wants everything to be a lie. 

"Ani..." - He held her palms which were shivering. She didn't reply anything but stayed silent for a while, It was very hard to digest this, She was suffering inside. Shivaay sensed it, It was the same expression when they visited the doctor for the last time and they ask him to admit in the hospital because of the hopeless situation. She felt hopeless, Over then, Shivaay was under ventilation, Even though he wishes, He couldn't able to do anything. But now, He was with her, Next to her, Holding her palms, then too, He felt he can't help her in this situation. It was her battle. 

"I... have to leave..." - She said and moved forwarded, Without her knowledge, she jerked off his hands. 

"Ani... I will go with you" - He yelled with his high pitch but she wasn't ready to hear anything but moved ahead very fast. Stopped the empty taxi on the road and left without even turning back. But Shivaay followed her taking another taxi.

He saw Anika rushes out from the taxi and entered the house. He got out of the taxi. But there was no courage left in him to reach out and but he stopped himself from going inside when he heard Anika's confrontations over her parents. 

"Mom... Promise me, You're alright, right?" - She asked in a bold tone yet her heart wasn't strong enough. Her father stood shockingly next to her. Her questions changed the happy environment to a silent one. Hearing them, Bhavya arrived drawing-room when she heard her sister's voice in a high pitch. 

"Di... What happened?" - Bhavya asked her. 

"Mom... SAY YOU'RE ALRIGHT... SAY EVERYTHING I HEARD ABOUT YOU WAS LIE... PLEASE" - Anika thundered, Tears crossed her eyes feeling the pain behind her mom's silence. 

"Anika... I will explain it to you..." - Her father replied to her in a calm tone. 

"What's there to explain? Please tell me, She's alright..." - Anika lost her patience and held her mom's hand who stood like a statue before her looking at her. Her mom felt the fear in her daughter's eyes which she never want to see. 

"You're alright... You're not suffering from anything... You will stay with me, forever... Right?" - She asked while caressing her mom's face. 

"Can someone tell me, What the hell is happening?" - Bhavya shouted but none had the courage to respond anything to her. 

"Nothing, Bhavya... Mumma is alright... She will stay with us, Forever..." - Anika answered to her. Tears crossed from her mom's eyes when she answered bhavya with much confidence. 

"Am I right?" - Anika asked while caressing her mom's face. Tears escaped uncontrollably from her eyes. But Her mom closed her eyes when she literally felt weak in hearing her tremblings. She was scared of this, She doesn't want anika to know anything about her health condition because she was in the most helpless condition, No medication, No chemotherapies will help her in the last stage of her brain tumor. Her silence made Anika realize whatever she came to know from shivaay was true. She backed off. Her vision went to her father who cried silently.