Little things.

"You said, You can't participate as you're preparing for entrance exams" - Anika asked him as soon as he paused his practice and forwarded to her. There was no sort of happiness in her face but he could trace the disappointment in her face.

"Yeah, I thought this is important at this point..." - He said but he was so confused with her expression and her reaction towards that. He thought she would be happy and surprised to see him over there, But something else was happening.

"Okay, Did you submit the needed documents?" - Anika asked in a calm tone without any smile.

"Yeah, To Preeti ma'am..." - He replied.

"Then, Great... You continue..." - She said and turn around, But she could leave, he held her wrist and made her look him.

"You are hurting me..." - She yelled when he did that suddenly.

"I wasn't mean to, Sorry..." - He apologized soon, But she nodded sadly while gazing her wrist.

"What happened to you?" - He asked finally, But she was not ready to open up anything, because she was equally confused. she had no idea which was hurting her, Whether it's overprotective behaviour or Kiara and Shivaay's presence at the same place. When your heart is in a weak state, It will easily get affected by the smallest issue. It has a habit of bind everything and makes it a larger issue.

"I am tired... I think i am done with the work, So leaving..." - She lied.

"Oh, So soon... Why can't you wait for me?" - He asked her.

"No... Having many works... Tomorrow we are having prayer..." - She bothered to explain, Even though he wishes to go with her, He couldn't. But her expression didn't give a perfect view of her heart which was too hurt. She became an expert in bidding her feelings and insecurities.

The next day, They had prayer for Anusha in their house and Shivaay was also present but not for anika. She looked so depressed than before. She even didn't notice him when he stood next to her, And her eyes fixed with her mom's eyes in the photograph. She didn't even imagine the scene ever in her dreams, But when she was witnessing, She couldn't withstand the pain. She didn't even respond to his smile when he left. She straight away went to her room and lying in her bed. She neither cried nor shared anything with anyone. She responded to his calls, Messaged but never shared anything.

He got a spark that something was going inside her head when she left home from school without meeting him in the last few days before the competition. And she also missed his calls and messaged him that she was busy.

But they tended to see each other after the whole two days when they were board to Sikkim. Delhi to Bagdogra in flight and Bangdora to Sikkim in the road. They didn't have much conversation. She just smiled at him, That smile didn't even reach her eyes. He confirmed that something was troubling her. They had to take different seats as Anika sat with her teacher. She resisted herself much looking at him but he didn't take off his eyes from her. Exactly after two and a half hours, They reached Bagdogra.

Tears crossed from Anika's eyes when she recalls how she holds her mom's hand whenever they travel in mountain road during pin turn. She feels very much scared. Her tears weren't noticed by anyone but shivaay understood.

*******

Year: 2016

Anika had to say 'yes' when shivaay arranged for the trip to Moonar without asking her. He was so delighted as it was his first trip to south India but she wasn't. The moment she thinks about traveling in the mountain roads, Her mom's face automatically peeps inside. She stopped traveling since her mom died. She was too depressed and spent most of the time inside her house rather than taking anyone's call. She felt so betrayed and her interest over anything faded away like a passing cloud. She loves to write blogs but after her mom's death, Her words stammered and she neither could able to write a single sentence or read. It was the most difficult phase in her life but she came out of it. Fighting with her alone. But some scars still didn't get cured.