The Defect Piece.

Her father was the one to come inside first when the nurse announced that she gained consciousness. He asked her sister and others to stay outside. He moved inside. He wasn't weak like bhavya imagined when she revealed everything to him.

He entered, Anika's eyes were wide open but it was blank. Her father read everything from her facial expression, He pulled the chair next to her and sat while caressing her hair. She turned her face towards him, Tears welled up in her eyes.

"Pa." - She spoke in a very frail tone.

"You know the day before your mom died. She just asked me one promise for you both. You know what's that." - Her father asked ignoring the tears which were crossing his eyes. Anika nodded no.

"She just asked me to be your both strength, Not your both weakness. She said, Whatever you girls do, I should support you both. Because she realized over then, You girls became too matured and can go through any worst situation in her life. Maybe that would have made her soul rest in peace." - Her father said, Her mind didn't ignore his words but listened to him.

"When did you come to know about her condition?" - Her father asked her, He knows talking this in this situation wasn't advisable but it's very necessary.

"Before a month." - She replied.

"Exactly, You knew it before a month, But then too, You didn't feel weak even it's very hard to digest. That spot both I and your mom realized what mistake we are about to do."

"We both decided not to say anything to you girls. Because we didn't want you both to go through the same pain that we were gone through. But after everything, We both are amazed to see you both taking those painful decisions in the early stage of life. Your mom's pain came to your mind first when the doctor asked you about the surgery. When you stood against the option of surgery, We understood, You're so precious. I am still blaming me for underestimating you." - Her father said Tear crossed her eyes when she recalled her old self which was buried somewhere deep inside her heart.

"We believed that nothing is impossible for you. We still believe that. I know it shouldn't have happened. Video leaking, that stuff." - He added.

"You knew it." - Anika asked him.

"Just now, I am not angry with anyone but you. You shared everything with me, You promised your mom that you will share everything with me as you shared with your mom. Why did you break the promise, Ani?" - He asked her. Tears crossed her eyes.

"Leave that, It shouldn't have happened with you, In fact, Not with anyone. But do you want it to break you down? My ani isn't this much weak. Even though I missed you, I was happy because You're following your dreams, You're happy going in the path which you choose. You earned a name that too in 2 years, Can you please tell who can do it other than you?" - He asked, Her ears are all open.

"Other than your name, I can't take anyone else name. And remember god gives obstacles only for the person who is having the will power to overcome it. And be thankful, He chose you, Prove him, You're the strongest girl. Okay." - Her father asked her. Tear crossed her eyes, In no time, She raised her upper body and hugged him.

"I am sorry, Papa. I am sorry. I won't repeat it, I swear." - She whispered against his ears. He didn't reply anything but kissed her cheek. Even he felt so low for not being strong beside them. After his wife's demise, He also started to depend on his two daughters. But now, He realized what mistake he did. It was a reality check for both.

"Whatever bothers you, Talk it out, dear." - Her father broke the hug and kissed her forehead. Anika nodded positively. Bhavya arrived inside when she couldn't take it. She was crying badly. She didn't wait for a moment but hugged her sister tightly when she saw her half-sitting in the bed.