22- Gut feeling

Finally the day of going to the summer training camp was upon the classes of 1-A and 1-B. Izuku had to go with class 1-B because Nezu wanted him to analyze their quirks to see what they needed to work on, and to say he hated it was an understatement. Sure most of them were pretty chill but Monoma wouldn't shut up about how his class was better that 1-A and trying to get information about the class out of Izuku. Izuku was doing his best to ignore him, noting down more detailed notes on the other hero course students quirks, but one can only put up with so much cocky talk before you get a headache.

But thank any higher figure out there because Kendo knocked him out. Izuku gave a small sigh of relief as the blond shut up, going back to his notes as the class each explained their quirks to him. They had an interesting array of quirks that, depending on the situation and who was working together, would be almost perfect combinations. And, despite how annoying he was, Monoma had one of the most limitless quirks, it all depends on who's around and what quirks there are to use. His copy ability would allow him to combine quirks that would fit perfectly together like Yanagi, Shoda, and Kodais quirks of poltergeist, twin impact, and size respectively. The three terrain changing quirks, cemendine, mushroom, and softening, would be great assets to their team or group since they were able to add threats to the battlefield that the opposing team might not be aware of. Kuroiro, Shishida, and Kendos quirks were close combat ones, Shishida being mainly a strength fighter while the other two would rely more on strategy than brute strength.

Izuku was shaken out of his thoughts as the bus came to a quick stop, shaking at the sudden lack of momentum. He looked up and saw Vlad King stand up, ordering everyone off the bus. Izuku didn't really want to get up, not finished with his analysis, but he had a feeling that Vlad King didn't like him much so he complied, following the others off the bus. There before the class were two members of the Wild Wild Pussycats, Tiger and Ragdoll, introducing themselves.

Those in class 1-B had to fend for themselves for the night for their challenge, apparently class 1-A also had to do something to get to the actual camp. Izuku didn't have to seeing as one, he was in 1-A and two, he was analyzing their quirks in more detail.

Finally he didn't have to listen to Monoma.

And just like that it was the next day, because I'm still lazy, and Izuku was up extremely early, walking around the entire wooded area, getting a layout of it. When he got back to the clearing where they were staring the others had started training with their quirks. Izuku now his nothing to do since he has no quirk to use and fought at the level of top pro heroes, so he was just laying on a tree branch. That was until Monoma started another one of his stupid rants meant to rile up his classmates.

"So guess class 1-A really does think they're better than us." Monoma said, looking at where Izuku was laying on the tree branch. Izuku rolled over so he was laying on his stomach, facing the blond with the most annoyed look on his face.

"Just because I don't have anything to train and already know high level hand to hand combat doesn't mean the rest of my class thinks they're 'better than you.'" Izuku said, lazily looking at Monoma.

Monoma snorted, "Everyone can improve their quirks, especially at this age where you've had little practice with it." He said in an annoying way. Izuku rolled his eyes with a sigh.

"I'm quirkless you daft idiot. You know absolutely nothing about me so mind your business." Izuku said, stunning class 1-B.

"Then how'd you even-" "Be quiet Monoma, like he said, you know nothing about him." Kendo cut him off. Izuku felt someones eyes on him, his gaze flicking to where a young boy with dark eyes and hair with a hat with two horns on it. The boy gave Izuku a half-hearted glare when he turned to look at him before he left.

Izuku shrugged it off, going back to trying to take a nap.

                      ————<>————

"Alright, training for today is done everyone!" Mandalay called, waking Izuku up. He looked around before he stretched, he suddenly got this burning sensation of dread in his gut. He sat up, alert as ever as Pixiebob explained the courage test to the classes that they'd do after dinner. Izuku jumped down from the tree, landing silently as he slunk into the forest, scanning the area for anything. He didn't find anything and headed back to the camp, still on high alert.

His classmates noticed him scanning the forest every minute, confusing them. Izuku ignored his classmates, concluding that his feeling was just his nerves acting up in the new place.

He was wrong, oh so very wrong he was.