CH. 8

[A/N] You guys were fast 🙃 I would LOVE to read your comments and thoughts about this one! I hope you like it just like me ♡

~~~

Damn I look good. I knew I should bring this dress. I stared at it for a good 5 minutes before placing it in my bag and it was worth it. It’s a long, black dress, and is tight in all the right places. That gives me the confidence I need to go through a dinner with Hoseok. The dress and the bubble bath. Because if there’s a bathtub in my room I’ll definitely use it.

I had just finished with my lipstick when the doorbell rang. I opened and saw Hoseok wearing navy blue suit, white shirt and no tie. Hot hot hot.

“Wow, you look… wow! You look beautiful,” he said and I smiled.

“Thank you. You look ‘wow’ too,” he laughed and offered his arm, “Can we go?”

I held his arm and we went down to a car that he rented at some point during the day. Watching Hoseok drive was a beautiful view, just like the one outside my window. I love the ocean and everything related. The smell, the sound of the waves, the wind, everything.

After 10 minutes of driving we parked in front of a beautiful construction with stone walls. The waiter led us to our table and the whole place looked like a dream. Dimmed lights, soft jazz playing and facing the sea. Hoseok knows how to be romantic.

He ordered the wine that I like and asked for our plates without even looking at the menu.

“You came here before, am I right?” I asked.

“I did, once. But I came alone.”

“This doesn’t look like the type of place that a single man would come,” I mentioned and took a sip of the wine. Hoseok chuckled.

“Yeah… Well, I asked Namjoon about a good restaurant and he suggested this one. I said fuck it and ate in here anyway. Of course I almost killed him later,” he said and I smiled.

“I can say that Namjoon has a good taste,” and a pretty face.

“Considering that he has me as his best friend I can agree with that,” he replied and I laughed.

“How did you two meet?”

“We used to live in the same street when we were kids, so we basically grew up together. As soon as he graduated he looked for clients and that’s how we met Taehyung and Jimin, who didn’t have money to pay for someone well known.”

“Wait! Jimin as in Park Jimin, the singer?” I asked with widened eyes.

“That’s the one,” he said proudly.

“So all your friends are handsome and successful?”

“Kind of,” he laughed embarrassed and I smiled. “They are successful because Joon has this brilliant brain. Now we’re all good friends.''

The rest of the dinner was us laughing at the stories that Hoseok was telling about him and the boys. That’s a part of his life that I didn’t have the chance to know 2 years ago.

After eating the best meal of my life and ending with the wine, my ‘boss’ paid the bill and asked if I wanted to take a walk on the beach. Of course I said yes.

We walked next with each other in silence for a few minutes. Just the sound of the sea and the feeling of cold water occasionally hitting our feet.

“Do you remember when we first met two years ago?” Hoseok asked in a low voice, “We were both on a trip in Europe. You were sitting alone in this vintage restaurant. I remember looking at you for at least 5 minutes, afraid of going to talk to you and some guy showing up saying you two were together. You were the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen and you have no idea of how happy I got when you told me you also lived in Korea. I was like ‘Is this girl for real?’. So we spend the whole day together. I gave you a good night kiss that turned into a make out session that turned into us spending the rest of the summer together.”

I stopped walking and looked at him. All those memories were buried deep in my mind. I could already feel my eyes burning with tears.

“Suddenly you didn’t have a room anymore, because we were sharing mine,” he continued. “And I was falling in love with you a little bit more every day. And without realizing it, the summer came to an end and it was time to go home. We would have to tell people about our relationship and leave our little world behind. We took different flights and promised to keep in touch.”

“And 3 days later I got a text from you saying you wanted to end everything. That you had fun spending summer with me.” I whispered feeling the first tear running down my face.

“But it wasn’t me who texted you,” he whispered back and took a step closer, cleaning the tear from my face, “My dad did.”

“What? Why?”

“Because I said that I had finally found someone. That I didn’t wanted to follow his steps and take care of our family business. So he got pissed. He beat me up, said he didn’t raise me to work with whatever I wanted and leave everything he built behind over some girl. He texted you and sent me to the US to learn everything I needed to know about our company. That’s the truth, Y/N.” He cupped my cheek looking deeply into my eyes, “I would never break up with you. And I know I gave up too easy on you but… I was going to stay away for two years. I couldn’t do this to you or to me.”

I closed my eyes absorbing everything he just said. Know that the guy that I loved didn’t actually break up with me, it's… I don’t even know what I’m feeling right now.

“And I didn’t think that I was going to see you in the company. It was the best surprise of my life,” I opened my eyes and looked at him, he had a soft smile playing on his lips. “I didn’t ask you to come here with me because I needed help. I just wanted to talk to you and explain everything,” he took his hand off my face and placed it in his pocket. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” I let out a long breath, “it’s just too much to assimilate.”

“I guess it is,” he ran his hand through his hair. “C’mon, let’s go back to the hotel. We have a long day tomorrow.”

The drive back seemed faster. The whole time I was thinking about everything Hoseok told me and a lot of memories of us together flooded my mind. What does that mean to us? Should we try again? Does he still have feelings for me? Gosh this is frustrating.

We got back to the hotel and he stopped in front of my door.

“So... I’ll see you tomorrow?” I said not knowing how to act right now.

“Yeah. I’ll see you tomorrow,” he smiled and I unlocked my door. When I was about to get in he called me, “Y/N?”

“Yes?” he got closer to me and held my cheeks. He slowly leaned in and sealed his lips on mine. It was simple. Sweet. A good night kiss. He stepped back and looked at me.

“Good night, Y/N.”

“Good night, Hobi.”