Seven

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Originally published: 17th July 2020

*

My hands broke my fall, but it still hurt like nobody's business.

The hard concrete of the road scraped my skin, and broke some bangles on my left arm, causing a significant amount of bleeding. "You..." I glanced over my shoulder, but saw that she had disappeared inside.

A woman who was standing outside the adjoining wedding hall, talking on the phone, rushed over and helped me up. "You okay, beta?"

"I'm okay, thank you." Tears of pain had escaped my eyes. "Thanks for helping me up."

"It's okay. Who was that girl?"

"Just some psycho." I replied.

I headed inside, but instead of going into the hall, I went to the Ladies' Room, and washed the blood on my hands and arm. I was shaking, with anger and probably at the shock of the fall.

Nailah was out of control and had to be stopped.

I headed out and back inside the hall, where the shoe ceremony was over, and now they were preparing for the rukhsati (bridal farewell).

"There you are!" Mars immediately spotted me. She studied my expressions carefully. "We are all worried that you went to beat Nailah up, but she's right there. What happened? Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, Mars." I said. "It's time to take the new Bhabi home."

"You're trembling and you're pale." She put a hand on my shoulder. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Don't worry, Mars." I reassured her as I headed towards my family.

Nailah looked at me, smirking, but I completely ignored her.

I won't let her ruin my brother's wedding.

After an emotional goodbye to her family, Sadia Bhabi got into the car with Arhaan Bhai, and they both drove off towards our family home. The rest of us were going in separate cars.

"You guys are coming over, right?" Ahad Bhai asked Fawad and his family. "You guys are practically family."

"Fawad and Fariha can go." Fatima Aunty said, apologetically. "I'm tired and Ali has a shift tomorrow morning."

"Yes, we're definitely coming!" Fariha said. "Ammi, would you mind taking the boys? I'd rather they stay with you guys tonight as I won't be around."

"Guys, let's rush." Mars said. "Otherwise the bride and groom would be waiting for us outside the house."

"Don't worry, Ammi and Papa have left already." Ahad Bhai said. "Of course, since Jasmina's here, they will enter the house without giving money to the groom's sister."

Yep, another tradition. When the couple return home after the wedding, they're literally stopped outside by the groom's sisters, and the poor guy is squeezed out of more money. I had no intention of letting Arhaan Bhai get away so easily.