Nine

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Originally published 19th July 2020

****

It was my wedding night, and I was in my room with my new husband.

Fawad reached into the drawer of the bedside table and pulled out a jewellery box. "You know how there's a tradition for the groom to give the bride a present on the wedding night?"

I accepted the box from him. "Thank you, but you didn't have to."

"I wanted to." His gaze on me was soft and loving.

I opened the box and gasped. It was a simple, but gorgeous, rose gold necklace with a heart pendant that was encrusted with tiny diamonds. "This is beautiful. Thank you."

He cleared his throat. "It was Fariha's choice. She noticed that you like such necklaces."

"It's perfect." I looked up at him.

He took the box from my hands and put it back into the drawer, before moving closer to me and grabbing my hands. "I've waited a long time for you."

I couldn't breathe. His proximity was making my entire body fill with desire. He was my husband now, and we had no restrictions.

"I think." I dropped my gaze. "I want to get changed first."

He nodded and stood up, holding out his hands. "You'd probably need help to get up."

I grabbed his hands and he pulled me up, and I still stumbled, giggling.

"Whoa." He wrapped an arm around my waist, steadying me.

I stared up at him, wondering what it would feel like to kiss him. I've never kissed anyone before. It would be shocking to people these days, but I have followed my cultural and religious limitations. But he was my husband. If anyone had the right to kiss me, it was him.

To both our surprise, I made the first move. I leaned up and pressed my mouth against his and I now knew what people meant when they said all those incredible things about kissing someone you love. I felt the passion, the love, and the feeling of belonging with him. He wrapped his other arm around me as well, and deepened the kiss. My arms automatically wrapped around his neck as we kissed each other like we'd been reunited after years apart.

"Wait." I pulled back, suddenly.

"What?" He kept his arms around me.

"Can I be honest with you?" I asked, nervously.

"Of course." He kissed my forehead. "You've always been honest with me."

"I..." How did I even put this in words? How did I tell him that...? I couldn't look at him, blushing hard.

"You aren't ready, are you?" He guessed.

"I'm not." I said in a tiny voice. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise." He pulled me close for a hug. "We'll go at your pace. We'll only do something when you're ready for it."

I felt tearful, unable to believe how lucky I was. What exactly had I done to deserve him? "Thank you." 

"You don't need to thank me for respecting your wishes." He said, tucking my hair behind my ear. "It's not a rule that we have to do it tonight, anyway." 

"Can we just talk?" I asked. 

"Of course." He grinned. "Although, I have a feeling that you'll end up talking more."