Twenty Two

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Original: 3rd August 2020

****

Sadia's POV

FLASHBACK

The day after I first encountered Arhaan at the Sheikh family home, Ahad invited us for another group session at his house. 

"The lecturer is rubbish." Mahreen, one of our classmates, was complaining as we'd gotten out of the rickshaw. She pulled out her wallet and handed the rickshaw driver the money he owed, after a minor argument over the price being too high.

My sister Noreen rolled her eyes. "Just because we came in a rickshaw doesn't mean that you have to act cheap, Mahreen." Noreen had come along with me this time because my parents had found out that the class was going to be at a guy's house. My younger sister was going to be my chaperone, apparently.

The guards let us through and we walked into the huge mansion that belonged to Ahad Sheikh. Our family lived in Gulberg, in a fairly large house, but this place was breathtaking.

"Whoa!" Noreen's jaw dropped open as she stared up at the house.

"Who's acting cheap now, Nori?" Mahreen grinned. She adjusted her hijab as it had slipped back during the rickshaw ride. "Oh, and by the way, do not insult rickshaws. They are basically a part of our culture." 

We knocked on the front door, and my heart skipped a beat as Arhaan opened it. He was dressed in jeans and a navy blue polo shirt, holding his car key as if he had been ready to go out. Tall, with a light beard, he was undeniably handsome. I lowered my gaze, my cheeks pink.

We'd had a small chat yesterday in their kitchen, and he seemed like a pretty friendly, down-to-earth guy. He didn't seem like he came from a wealthy family, raised in a palatial home.

"Assalam Alaikum." He said, warmly. "Ahad's in the drawing room." His eyes met mine, as I sneaked another look at him.

I know, I know, I shouldn't be glancing at him. It was wrong, but I had felt an undeniable chemistry between us yesterday, which he seemed to have felt as well, considering how we couldn't look away from each other now.

I have to mention here that I was pretty insecure. I was chubbier than my sisters, I wore glasses, and I was short. I know that I was meant to be body-confident, and love myself as I was, but it wasn't easy. I had four gorgeous sisters and they always kept reminding me how they were better than I was. Noreen, for example, wasn't very tall either, but she was beautiful, with big black eyes, full lips, a slim figure, and straight black hair that reached her waist. 

One thing I liked about myself was that I always got good grades. I was the top in every class of mine, and I was proud of that achievement. 

"Sadia, are you coming?" Mahreen raised an eyebrow at me as she and Noreen headed inside towards the drawing room, from where we heard laughter and chattering.

"Yeah, I'm..." I swallowed hard as I looked at Arhaan again. "I like your shirt." 

He grinned as my face turned a deep shade of red.