Forty

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Originally published: 24th August 2020

****

***

We were all quite relaxed when we got back to Lahore. 

That relaxed mood disappeared the moment we pulled up into the driveway of Fawad's parents' house, and we saw Ahad Bhai waiting in the garden.

"What's he doing here?" Fawad muttered, looking annoyed. 

"Boys, go inside." Fariha told her sons, who immediately ran inside, looking for their Nani.

Fawad walked up to Ahad Bhai. "What do you want?"

"I want to speak to Jasmina." Ahad Bhai looked unfazed, staring right back at him. "She's my sister. I have a right to see her." 

"Get off of this property." Fawad told him. 

"You can't control her. She's not your property." Ahad Bhai snapped. "I want to talk to Jazzy and I won't leave until I do." 

"Fawad, it's okay." I put my hand on my husband's arm. "Let me talk to him. I don't really want to, but if that's the only way he'll leave, I don't mind doing it."

"Mina, don't let him intimidate you." He looked at me over his shoulder, before turning back to face Ahad Bhai. "I'm right inside. One wrong move and I won't spare you."

He and Fariha walked inside, with the latter tossing me a worried look. 

"What do you want?" I asked Ahad Bhai.

"I want to say I'm sorry..."

I rolled my eyes.

"But, I also want an opportunity to talk to Fariha alone." His words stunned me.

I couldn't even speak for a few moments because I was so taken aback. "You want to talk to Fariha alone? Are you insane?" 

"She deserves an apology." 

"She deserves never to see you again!" I snapped at him.

"I'm still your elder brother, Jasmina." He warned me. "Lower your voice." 

"I have lost all respect for you, Ahad Bhai." I crossed my arms over my chest. "You've made too many mistakes." 

"You refused to marry Fawad and went off with Jeremy." He argued. "So why do you get forgiveness and I don't?"