Twenty One

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Original: 31st July 2020

****

When I entered my parents' house, I expected to get in trouble with them. Everyone would be questioning me about my decision to meet Jeremy.

But the maid told me that Ammi wasn't home, and Papa was asleep after a long shift. 

"Where are my brothers and Bhabi?" I asked.

"Sadia Baji is staying at her parents' house for a few days." She replied. "Your brothers are upstairs in their rooms."

"Thank you." I walked upstairs and knocked on Arhaan Bhai's room door, but there was no reply. Maybe he was asleep as well?

As I turned to walk to my room, Ahad Bhai suddenly blocked my path.

"Assalam Alaikum, Bhai." I said.

"You did it again, Jazzy." He looked smug. "You've managed to, once again, made our family look bad." 

His words stung and for a few seconds I was too shocked to speak. "W-What are you saying?" 

"Why did you have to go meet him?" He asked. "Why are you always ending up humiliating our parents?" 

"Bhai..." I hadn't expected this behaviour from him.

"You know what the funny thing is?" He said. "If I'd done that, I would never have lived it down. But because it was you, Ammi and Papa were defending you." 

"Bhai, I had my reasons." I said. 

"What reason could you have to meet your old boyfriend?" He sounded almost bitter. "You didn't think about Fawad, his family or our family. You just thought about yourself, which is not really a huge surprise, if I'm being honest." 

"Ahad!" Arhaan Bhai's voice made me jump, as he came down the hall behind me. 

"Bhai, she's been constantly humiliating our family!" Ahad Bhai said. "She never learns her lessons, and the worst part is that she always gets away with it." 

"Ahad, that's enough!" Arhaan Bhai warned him. "Jazzy, go to your room, I'll deal with him." 

"I don't want her here." Ahad Bhai said. 

I felt tears in my eyes hearing my brother say those harsh words against me. I've always been close to my brothers, and even though Ahad Bhai and I always fought, we were also really close. 

"Well, that's not your decision, is it?" Arhaan Bhai snapped. "This is her parents' house. You don't decide whether she can stay here or not." He looked at me. "Jazzy, beta, go to your room. We'll talk when Papa wakes up and Ammi's home." 

Honestly, I didn't want to be here any longer either. 

***

Half an hour later, I was sitting in my room when there was a light knock on the door.

"Come in." I answered, without looking up from my phone.

The door opened and Ammi and Papa came in.

"Assalam Alaikum." I jumped up from the bed.

"Walaikum Assalam." They both replied.

Ammi closed the door, and we went over to the sofa on the other side of my bedroom.