Fifty One

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Originally published: 03rd September 2020

Fawad

I leaned against the doorway of our bedroom, watching the scene in front of me. Jasmina was gently rocking Hania to sleep, softly singing a lullaby. It was Hania's first night at home, and we couldn't be happier. 

For a moment I felt a little sad as I realised that Mina would be going to her parents' house tomorrow for a few weeks, as she needed all the support she could get from her mother. Ammi had started to argue, saying that she could take care of her, but I'd reminded her that Fariha had stayed with her both times, and for over a month each time.

"She's not falling asleep." Mina looked up at me. Her hair was up in a ponytail, with loose strands around her face. In the gentle glow of the bedside table lamps, she looked absolutely radiant and gorgeous beyond words. What added to her beauty was the fact that she was cradling our newborn daughter. 

I walked over and gently took Hania from her arms, rocking the baby as I stared down at her angelic face. Hania stared up at me with her dark eyes briefly, before closing them and snuggling up against my chest, her tiny hand curled up in a fist. In seconds, she was asleep.

"Seriously?!" My wife raised both her eyebrows. 

I grinned. "She's Papa's little princess." I set the baby down into the crib that was placed by Mina's side. "Good night, meri jaan." I slid under the duvet beside my wife. "Let's get some sleep, before she wakes up again. And I'll handle it the next time, don't worry." 

She yawned and turned onto her side, immediately falling asleep. 

I smiled fondly at her. Poor thing. At least I'll be around their house during the day, to help her out with Hania.

I glanced at Hania's crib again, and all I wanted to do was lift her up in my arms and hold her there forever. Being a father was the best experience of my life, and I continuously thanked Allah for this blessing. Speaking of thanking Allah...

I got up and performed ablution, and then went back inside the bedroom, spreading out the prayer mat. Whenever something good happens in our lives, we perform shukranay kay nafl, which is basically praying to thank Allah for the blessing(s).

Ya Allah, thank you for the biggest blessing of my life, my Hania. Please give me the strength to raise my daughter right, along with Jasmina, and to ensure that I don't unintentionally do something unfair. Please continue blessing my family, and bless my wife and daughter with long lives and good health, as well as happiness. Ameen. I made supplication after the actual prayer. 

****

The next day I struggled to carry all of their luggage into Jasmina's parents's house. 

"Fawad, can you please unbuckle her from the car seat?" Mina called out to me. 

I left the luggage by the front door and returned to the car, before reaching in and freeing my daughter from restraints of the car seat. "Come on, jaan." I kissed her cheek and handed her over to her mother, before returning to take the luggage inside.