Forty Four

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Originally published: 28th August 2020

Fawad

"You a**hole!" I glared at Arhaan as I stood by the river, soaking wet.

He had shoved me in when I had my back turned towards him. Instead of helping, Zafar and Ahad stood nearby laughing and taking photos.

"Respect your elder brother-in-law." Arhaan tried to sound and look strict, but he couldn't keep a straight face and he burst out laughing.

"Oh yeah? In the case, you need to respect me more because  I'm the Damad of the family." I shot back. "If I tell your Ammi, guess who she's going to side with?"

*Damad: Son-in-law.

"He got you there." Ahad chuckled.

I shook my head, moving back my wet hair off my forehead using both hands. "I'm going to shower and get changed." We were in a mountainous area, and the slightly cold air felt like ice against my wet skin, and I shivered a little.  Leaving the others behind, I began to make my way to the communal showers. That was one thing I was grateful for, proper showers. 

"Wait, Bhai." Arhaan came after me.

 I held up my hand, giving him the middle finger without stopping or turning around.

I went to the campsite, grabbed a fresh outfit from my backpack as well as a towel, then headed towards the shower area. Arhaan followed me, lost in thoughts. 

"Why are you here? I'm pi**ed at you." I told him, slamming the stall door shut in his face before stripping off and turning the shower on. The water was cold at first, making me wince, but it warmed up shortly. 

"Bhai..." He cleared his throat. "Can I ask you something as a friend, putting aside the fact that we're brothers-in-law?"

"Sure." I used the built in shampoo dispenser on the wall, pressing the button so a small amount came out onto my hand, before thoroughly scrubbing it into my hair.

"This is going to sound weird." 

"Not weirder than you talking to me while I'm in the shower, I'm sure." I muttered.

I heard him laugh, but he sounded nervous. "It's just that Sadia's been trying her best, but romance makes me a little awkward." 

"She's expecting your child, Bhai." Okay, this conversation was weirder than us talking while I was showering. It was a little too awkward, and I wasn't sure if I was the right person for him to be having it with. 

"That part isn't the problem." He sounded embarrassed himself. "The problem is romancing her." He paused. "This conversation is actually going to get weird now, but you do it so easily, as if it's a second nature to you." 

"I love Mina and I want to do everything to make her happy." I closed my eyes as I washed the shampoo out of my hair. "I don't even think about it, to be honest." 

"I love Sadia as well, but..." He exhaled loudly. "I don't know. I feel like I don't know what I'm doing, bro." 

"Are you actually asking my advice?"