Chapter 42 "Act My Age"

September 11 2014 4:00 P.M.

"A song? Are you really asking me to help you to write a song?" Alex, Lily's brother replied.

"Indeed, This is a song for your sister and I want your help, perhaps, you live with her." I said.

"And what does that has to do with me helping you?" he raised an eyebrow and I could recognize a similarity in that expression.

"Oh come on man, we are pals and..." I said.

"We are not pals..." Alex interrupted.

"Whatever! Are you helping me or not?" I asked.

There I was, knocking on his hotel room near south Beach, begging him to give me a minute of his time.

"Fine." he opens the door for me to enter.

I walked inside and I could see the nicest and cleanest room I've ever seen. "I'm I on the right bedroom? I've never seen a cleaner one. On the right hand, there was a room full of instruments, of each kind, and a variety of keyboards.

We both sat on his dinner table and stared to his computer. "I want the song to be called... " I stared at him while he made a concerned face about it interrupting... 

"You have the lyrics in hand?"

I put a hand inside my pocket trying to reach the hiding paper under my pants.

"Here. It's a total mess, I have plenty of sketches and I draw a happy face... got bored." I said giving him the paper.

He looks at it for some time. My hands started shaking for a moment.

"18."

"You like it?" Why do I care so much about him? I never know, his opinion matters me too much in some ways. "It's a love story, our love story. Telling her how much I appreciate her no matter the age and... giving a clue to the world?" I said.

"A clue to the world? You are not exposing her right?"

"Would you kill me If I did that?"

"Of course."

"Then I won't." That was my plan, but don't turn to wrong, you wouldn't believe me.

We started creating the song. We got some beers, a piano and tons of paper around. This song is really important for me. I want to express how much she means to me in a not so cheesy way.

"Hear this..." Alex was playing the same verse in different instrument, and always a skill to play each of them.

"I'll sing it." I said.

I started singing a verse. "I wanna love like you made me feel..." I stopped. "Should it be since we or when you were 18?"

He looks at me, knows exactly what I'm feeling.

"That... depends on you."

I stare at the window. I knew that me saying when you will totally expose her. I can't do that yet. "I'll go with the Since We Were 18."

He gives me a half smile and start writing on different sheets. The hours keep going and going and I could feel the light going dark and the wind hitting the sky of clouds.

"It's done then." He said while grabbing his drink. "Sounds good."

"Gosh I'm tired, I still have to sleep the baby girl." I laughed and he throws me a paper plane.

"I thought you written songs with the band only." Alex said feeling important.

"This one was kind of necessary, Steal My Girl, Night Changes and No Control it's already record it, and I'm for the concert on Universal, I'm coming up with this song so we can decide which one to sing..."

Thinking of it now I'm stressed, I hope the guys accept this song and they don't take is as something just for me. That's gonna be a challenge.

"What do you say you, me and lily go out for some tacos? In a payment of this help." I said.

"I think I pass, I'm waiting for someone."

"Someone? hmn who?" I gave him a curious stare. "I want gossip."

He makes a small laugh and stand up. "It's a surprise for my album."

We both laughed and kept chatting till I heard the door knocked, I guess I needed to go now. I grab my things and stand up.

"Thank you again pa..." I cut the final word, knowing he hates been called like that."

"Alex, sorry."

"It's all right, good luck on that song, pal." he gives me a soft punch in my arm and I walk through the door.

I open the door and accidently crash into the one and only Ariana. "Hello Ari... going with Zedd?" I turned to see Alex and gave him a smirk. "See you both, good luck."

Walking back to my hotel for my last concert was like a hit on the heart. I saw the road which I was walking through and look at the final paper of the song.

This was needed to be hear, and more of that, this needed to be the final lie to the world.

Cause there won't be no more secrets.

𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒕, 𝑳𝒊𝒂𝒎 𝑷𝒂𝒚𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈

-a_v_e_n_g_e_r_s_h_q_