4

"Doc, Please.... I swear-" Ren tried to speak, before a trident impaled him in the chest, sending Ren tumbling backwards, his sunglasses falling off his face. Doc let out a low growl as he stepped forward, crushing Ren's sunglasses under his foot. The creeper cyborg yanked his bloody trident out of Ren's chest, Doc's eyes glowing an eerie blue as his cold words practically slapped Ren in the face.

"I don't want your excuses. I want you to admit it! You stole those Diamonds! You destroyed the entire stock exchange!" Doc spat, circling around Ren while still pointing his trident at his head, ready to kill Ren within seconds. Ren shook in pain, holding his bloody chest as he tried to choke out something to try and calm Doc down.

"Doc, I didn't do it! It was Xis-" Ren tried to reason with the creeper, before Doc shoved the trident right through Ren's head, who disappeared in a puff of smoke, his body fading away as Ren respawned in his bed, the death message popping up on all of the hermit's communicators.

Doc dropped his trident, letting out a tired groan, as his eyes returned to normal, the creeper's weak legs shaking as he tumbled to the ground. Doc lie still In the middle of the shopping district, footsteps approaching Doc rather quickly, before Xisuma came into the creeper's line of sight, the admin smiling from behind his visor.

"Hello Doc." The admin called in a cold, harsh voice, causing Doc to sit up, grabbing his trident and pointing it directly at Xisuma's neck, the snake coiled around him barely moving. Doc let out a low growl as he steadily stood up, trying not to show how exhausted he really was.

"What do you want..?" Doc said in a low growl, aware that the admin had been controlling him just moments before. Xisuma just chuckled a bit, snapping his fingers and watching as Doc stood upright, the creeper's arms at his side as he dropped the trident, frozen in place. Xisuma simply smiled, as the admin pulled out a piece of paper, handing it to Doc, who robotically took the paper, growling under his breath as he crushed the paper in his hand in anger.

"The watchers have asked me to assign this job to a hermit, and I have chosen you, Doc." Xisuma said, turning his back on the Creeper, releasing Doc from his control. The cyborg tumbled to the ground, gasping for breath. The admin took a knee, now eye level with Doc, as Xisuma grabbed Doc by his chin, forcing the creeper to look at X, both of the hermit's eyes flashing as the two made eye contact.

"Get to work, Doc. No letting anyone know. That's an order." Xisuma spat, before disappearing in a puff of smoke, causing Doc to choke, coughing through the thick mist. The creeper looked down at the crumpled paper in his hand, smoothing out the blueprints for what seemed to be a government facility, plans for a holding facility and warehouses, seemingly used to hold important things, or even people.

"He's crazy if he thinks I'll build that.." Doc said with a huff, taking a stand and dropping the paper as he wiped the dirt off his torn lab coat. Doc tried to turn away, attempting to leave the paper behind. But he didn't move, his legs wouldn't obey his commands. Doc's eyes were drawn to the scrap of paper laying in front of him, the plans sticking out to him, inspiration flooding the creeper's head.

Doc slowly bent down, picking the paper off the ground, smoothing out the plans and studying them once more. His eyes swirled as he carefully studied the intricate drawing, ideas flew around his head at rapid speed. Suddenly Doc was running through the shopping district, trying to find Xisuma once more, his body moving for him, as Doc didn't seem to be in control. Xisuma had been wandering by Sahara, his hands behind his back as he whispered to Ancel, the two discussing something that sounded rather urgent, but Doc'e head tuned the two out, only focused on one thing.

"Ah. Doc. What can I help you with..?" Xisuma asked, his eyes glowing as he looked back at Doc, the creeper gripping the paper tightly in his robotic hand.

"Where do I start construction, Admin?"

~~~~~~~~~~

"How has your time been in Hermitcraft, Grian?" Celeste asked quietly, her galaxy hair seeming to glow, along with her purple eyes and golden circlet. The three watchers stood in an empty void, no sound or light, other than the watchers that resided in the void.

"I-it's been okay....Everyone is really paranoid. Xisuma has to force people to talk to me. I know it's only been a week, and they're really anxious about having a new hermit, but still....

I've been staying with a hermit by the name of 'MumboJumbo.' He isn't horrible, but Xisuma is forcing him to be nice to me..." Grian said, uneasy as he tugged on his long cloak. Enzo took a step forward, his pointed ears slightly twitching as he studied the small watcher.

"Is this 'MumboJumbo' harming you..? If so, we will make sure he does not interfere with you any longer." Enzo stated, straightening his back and showing off his full height, slightly intimidating Grian, who struggled as he tried to choke out a couple words to say.

"N-no..he's not hurting me! He just...doesn't like me..." Grian said, rather sadly. The truth of the matter was simple, Grian didn't want to be apart of the watchers. They tore his server apart, they turned his friends against one another, they killed each other. And when no one was left, Grian was alone. It seemed like weeks, Grian considering the thought of suicide to escape the empty world.

Then the watchers found him.

Grian would have been mad, he would have hated the tall, other-worldly beings, but he was so weak, so sick of being alone. So, they took the small Evolutionist in, and Grian had been with them ever since. He had been staying with the watchers for quite some time, with Enzo and Celeste training him to become a magic-user. They two watchers didn't tell Xisuma about Grian, keeping him secret until he was ready to join hermitcraft.

"Do any suspect you as a Watcher?" Celeste asked quietly, her voice calm and collected, snapping Grian out of his daydreaming state, before the small watcher quickly shook his head.

"Not that I know of...I mean, no hermit has seen a watcher before, right?" Grian asked, shifting his weight in uncertainty.

"They have only heard rumors. Many of the hermits have came from differing servers, most having their own watchers." Enzo clarified, before turning his back on Grian. "It is unlikely they know of your watcher Identity. However, if anyone finds out, you must terminate them."

Grian gasped for breath, sitting up in his wool sheets, glancing around the dark area that he was in. Grian was in the beginnings of Mumbo's base, which was almost completed. Mumbo was across the room, slightly moving in his own bed, before drifting back off to sleep. The small watcher took a deep breath, running his hand through the messy blonde locks atop his head, before flopping back down onto the fluffy sheets underneath him.

The watchers came to Grian while he slept, almost every night. It was starting to annoy Grian, he couldn't seem to get a decent night's rest. He didn't necessarily need sleep, he mostly ran on magic. He needed rest often, but not like humans, he could go weeks without sleep or food. Normally, watchers wouldn't need those sorts of things, the only thing they needed was the night sky to fuel their dark magic, But Grian was only half watcher, meaning he still needed rest every now and again.

"Grian...?" Mumbo asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes as the mustached redstoner glanced to the new hermit, with no response coming from him. Mumbo shrugged it off, getting comfortable once more under his covers. He didn't care for Grian, he was actually afraid of him. Something about him wasn't right. Something about Grian just...scared Mumbo.

But no matter how hard he tried, Mumbo couldn't seem to figure out what.