20

"You see, my great watchers, we'd have to rebuild the entire--" Xisuma quickly shut up with the wave of a hand, the two otherworldly beings smiling as Tango and Iskall tugged Grian into the darkroom. The admin sunk into the shadows, barely visible other than his glowing blue eyes, his piercing glare horrifying Grian. Celeste set down Jellie, the small cat leading out of the shadowy room, with the two brainwashed hermits following close behind. When they were out of sight, Enzo seemed to disappear with a small cloud of dust, fading away as the dust cleared.

"Grian, good to see you," Enzo said with a slight grin, reappearing behind the former magic-user, while placing a hand on the small hermit's shoulder, watching with great intent as the color drained from Grian's face. The small hermit didn't even look back at the watcher who stood tall, Grian practically froze in fear. Enzo let out a light chuckle, clapping his hands together and creating chains that were seemingly made of dark magic. The shackles bond Grian's arms to his side, before bringing the small hermit to his knees, Celeste clapping her hands with a playful laugh, amused by their former prodigy's pain.

"You can never escape us Grian," Celeste spoke softly, taking a kind tone of voice as she stepped forward, gently lifting the former watcher's chin, forcing the small hermit to look at her. "You'll be back. You'll always come crawling back to us because we love you, unlike these puny hermits. Now unless you want more problems for all of these simple hermits, you'll comply with us."

"You killed my friends!" Grian cried, hot tears slowly rolling down his face, his cheeks turning red as the repressed memories of Evo seemed to come back, as if the blockade holding back his memories finally broke, everything he had spent so long trying to forget returning within seconds. Enzo hastily rolled his eyes, while Celeste's sweet smile never changed, the otherworldly woman sitting down in her gold and violet dress, wiping the tears from Grian's puffy red eyes. Her soft touch was comforting, the faint smell of lavender filling the air as Celeste looked to Xisuma, nodding her head at the admin. He faded even deeper into the shadows, the darkroom similar to the infinity room in Grian's base, other than the dark color of the walls and little lighting.

"It was for the best. You know why we had to eliminate the evolutionists." Celeste cooed, stroking Grian's sandy blonde hair while the small hermit hushed his sobs, wiping the tears onto the crimson red sleeve of his torn-up sweater. The otherworldly creature shook her head as she clicked her tongue in a disapproving manner, snapping her fingers and conjuring up a silk cloak, almost identical to the one Grian had lost moments before. Celeste wrapped the cloak around the small watcher, who hung his head, his eyes glued to the chains wrapped around his wrists. Celeste just patted Grian on the head, her soft, yet manipulative words seeming to sink into Grian's mind, stirring his subconscious. Celeste stood up, clapping her hands together with a sweet smile, Xisuma reemerging from the shadows, but he wasn't alone. Mumbo had a chain wrapped around his neck, seeming to be made out of dark magic, just like Grian's very own shackles.

"There there, no more tears my dear. Let's hurry and get this over with." The watcher said with a sickeningly sweet voice, purple sparks flying out of her hands and forming a small dagger. Xisuma took a graceful bow, holding tight to the chain that was wrapped around the nervous redstoner's neck. Mumbo's visible shaking made Grian want to throw up, the mustached hermit looking to Grian, his face sickly pale and horrified. Celeste gently dragged the dagger across Mumbo's cheek, blood slowly flowing out of the cut, the watcher barely paying attention to the redstoner, who winced in pain as she continued to dig her blade through his skin. When she finally pulled away, Mumbo dropped to the ground, completely unconscious.

"I don't understand, Grian. Why pity these hermits?" Celeste asked, turning to her apprentice, showing off the bloodstained blade as if it was a trophy, a sick smile on her face. Grian looked to Xisuma, the admin grabbing Mumbo by his ankles and dragging him back into the shadows without hesitation. Enzo held Grian's chin, forcing the small hermit to look away from his friend and back at the two watchers, the chains around his body seeming to tighten with every little breath he took. "These hermits will die, Grian. They'll pass away before you will, and you'll be heartbroken once more. So why get attached? Even when you know you'll lose them?"

"Oh dear, Enzo. You've made him cry once more." Celeste growled at her fellow watcher, Enzo mumbling a few words at his fellow watcher, seeming to be in an enchanted language, most likely cursing at her. The watcher's pointed ear slightly twitched as she narrowed her eyes at Enzo, but she only turned back to Grian, a smile forming on her lips as she studied her prodigy's broken expression, the small hermit choking back his sobs. Celeste clicked her tongue and with a wave of her hand, the chains around Grian disappeared into thin air.

"Come along, dear. We have much to prepare for. Before you showed up, we were planning the future of this little server." Celeste said, turning her back on Grian and moving beside Xisuma. Enzo narrowed his eyes at the small hermit, grabbing his wrist and holding tight to the watcher, his nails digging into Grian's skin. Celeste lifted an eyebrow at Enzo, who growled as he let go of Grian, the small watcher letting out a sigh of relief as he held his wrist in pain. "Enzo, enough. You may not trust Grian, but we need him. He's one of us for a reason."

"Because you grew attached to him," Enzo said with a scoff, turning his back on his fellow watcher, who clenched her fists, dark aura forming around her hands.

"I SAID ENOUGH."

After a few moments of silence, Xisuma cleared his throat, stepping forward as he broke the silence. The admin extended his hand, a blue, galaxy-like smog escaping from his gloved hand. The mist twisted and turned before it seemed to transform, changing from a cloud of blue smog into the familiar HermitCraft shopping district. It was an exact replica, almost like a hologram of sorts. The admin wasn't phased by his powers, he didn't seem to care much for his abilities, Xisuma practically shrouded with mystery.

"Right. Now, if we could continue from when we left off," The admin pointed to Sahara, the ground by the glass display which held all of the Architect's diamonds. "Mumbo told us everything we needed to know about the hermits and all of their strengths and weaknesses. He said that their little hiding spot is located here. And due to your magic, oh great watchers, we know that he cannot be lying to us. Now all that's left to do is round the hermits up, and bring them to the Sahara courtyard, then we can begin with the final step of the plan."

"Excellent work, my faithful admin," Enzo said with a smile, Xisuma seeming to receive excessive amounts of joy from the watcher's encouraging words. The admin and watcher quickly began to discuss many things that Grian couldn't seem to understand, Enzo and Xisuma walking out of the infinity room, discussing plans for the future of HermitCraft. Celeste turned back to her prodigy, her sick smile, and confident glare throwing the small watcher into a state of panic, holding his breath as Celeste gently took his hand, placing the bloody knife which was used to hurt Mumbo into the palms of Grian's hands.

"MumboJumbo is safe, for now. If you don't listen to me, Grian, he'll be killed, and you'll have to watch. Tomorrow night is the beginning of the end, my dear. Tomorrow we shall bring this world to its knees, and you have a key part to play, Grian." Celeste stopped for a moment, pushing the hair out of the small hermit's face and behind his ear, a sweet smile on the watcher's calm and gentle face.

"Grian my dear, we care about you, and these hermits fear you. Make the right choice, and then let us show those Hermits. We will take full control over HermitCraft, and all who inhabit it.."