6

"If he doesn't accept Ancel, then we're going to have to do it, Grian." Enzo said in a monotone voice, turning his back on the small watcher, who was pleading with the two otherworldly beings.

"Please don't! They don't deserve to be controlled!" Grian cried, trying to reason with Celeste and Enzo, the two barely paying attention to Grian anymore. Celeste turned to Enzo, mumbling a few things to her fellow watcher, who nodded at her words, turning back to Grian. Enzo held up his hand, and it seemed like he was holding a Star in the palm of his hands, glowing blue and purple particles swarming around the star. In a flash of light, the star faded away, and in its place, an animal of sorts.

Similar to Ancel, they we're pearlescent, the animal's white fur practically glowing. But instead of blue eyes, the creatures eyes matched the watchers, completely black sclera and glowing purple irises. The creature's ears perked up as it studied Grian, and the small watcher could now make out that the animal was a cat, it's cold glare unnerving for Grian.

"If Xisuma doesn't take role as admin and control this server, we'll do it for him. Is that clear, Grian..?" Enzo asked in a cold voice, as he stroked the cat's head gently, the magical animal letting out a soft purr. The watchers waiting until Grian nodded, before the two snapped their fingers, disappearing within an instant.

Grian gasped for breath as he glanced around, Mumbo and Iskall looking down at the small hermit. The two were concerned, as they looked between one another, and Grian, who was trying to calm his shaking body. Mumbo placed a hand on Grian's shoulder, taking a knee to become eye level with the worried hermit, his stare concerned and confused.

"Grian, are you alright? You passed out the second we got here." Mumbo said in a soft voice, trying to be patient as Grian tried to choke out an assortment of words, none of which made sense to the two other hermits.

"X-Xisuma..?" Grian managed to choke the admin's name out, causing Iskall and Mumbo to glance to one another, both obviously terrified at the mention of the admin's name. Iskall crossed their arms and let out a quick breath, as he studied Grian, the small hermit pulling his cloak around him, shaking in fear.

"X is fine." Iskall said, Grian letting out a sigh of relief. "He just needs rest. Joe and Stress are looking after him. B-but after Xisuma passed out, his magic...disappeared." Iskall said, not concerned, but relieved.

"I'm sure it's going to be back when X wakes up, but it feels great. We don't feel paranoid anymore." Mumbo said, quickly explaining what Iskall failed to. "We actually feel free for once. We can talk to one another, without violence."

"I missed these days.." Iskall said, letting out a sad sigh, with Mumbo nodding in agreement to his statement. Guilt filled Grian's stomach, his gut tying into knots. He didn't want the hermits to fight, he didn't want them to hate each other, it reminded the small hermit of Evo, when war broke out and destroyed the entire server. Grian is one of the watchers, so it's his fault that the hermits feel this way, as much as he hated to admit it.

"Grian? You alright?" Mumbo questioned, watching as color drained from the small builders face, his eyes shaking in terror as he looked up at Mumbo, before Grian jumped up from the ground and wrapped his arms around Mumbo's waist, shoving his face into the Redstoner's chest, trying not to break down into tears right then and there.

"I-I-I-I'm Sorry Mumbo...I'm so, so sorry...." Grian sobbed, trying not to mention the watchers, although they were the only thing on Grian's mind. If he could just tell the hermits, maybe he could protect them, but then the watchers....

Grian tried to forget their warning, as he pulled away from Mumbo, wiping the tears from his eyes and mumbling a weak 'sorry'. Iskall and Mumbo both looked worried and confused as to why Grian was suddenly getting emotional, but the two didn't say anything, Mumbo just took Grian's hand and tried his very best to calm the small hermit down.

"It's alright Grian. Whatever is wrong, we can help.." Mumbo said, a bit taken aback when Grian shoved The Redstoner away, taking a few steps away from the two and shaking his head, a few tears still in his eyes. Grian took a deep breath as he wiped his tears on his cloak, calming his shaking nerves as he took in a breath, looking at the two other hermits.

"Where is Xisuma?"

~~~~~~~

Grian glanced around the long hallways in Stress's castle, no sign of the ice Queen herself. It was late at night, barely any sound in the castle, so Grian assumed that she was asleep. The small hermit crept through the freezing hallway, pulling his cloak tightly around himself, a bit of rustling coming from underneath his cloak.

"Ancel. Don't move.." Grian hissed in a low voice, just Incase someone managed to see movement coming from his shoulder, where the pearlescent snake was resting.

"Xisuma hasss woken up. I can feel his presence. We're near him."  Ancel said, slithering down Grian's arm and wrapping around his wrist, the snake cutting off Grian's circulation, but the small watcher didn't say anything, too focused on the task at hand. If he didn't do this, then all of the hermits would suffer.

"Thisss room." Ancel said, right as Grian passed a large wooden door. The small hermit returned to the door and slightly pushed it open, peering into the room. Xisuma was laying in a bed, reading a small book, no one else in the room. Grian pushes the door open and stepped into the room, Xisuma looking up, his expression morphing into one of terror as he spotted the small watcher.

"G-Grian..what are you doing here..?" Xisuma asked, although he already knew the answer, not surprised when Grian showed off his hand, Ancel curled around it.

"Hello Xisssumavoid." Ancel said with a light hiss, the snake's eyes glowing at Xisuma. The admin looked to Grian, his eyes pleading with the small watcher, as he mouthed the words 'please', hoping to escape Ancel's control, just for another minute.

"I'm sorry Xisuma...." Grian said, feeling sick and guilty as he placed Ancel down onto the bedsheets, the snake moving faster than ever before, crawling up Xisuma's back and preparing to curl around Xisuma's neck, looking to Grian, who just nodded at the snake, before looking back at Xisuma, tears on the ends of his eyes.

"It's either you, or the server."