4. INSTINCT AND INTUITION

Good olden days................

Location: Sharma house, Bareilly

"Shivaay, you have to learn to forgive and forget. I know that your father wronged you and your mother but now he is repenting for his mistakes beta, try to at least talk to him" pleaded Radha.

"Radha maa I don't have a dad. I only have you and Gauri now and my mother in my memories. When I needed a father he was not there for me and now I don't need a father. Let's not talk about it more. You take care of your health maa. Mr. Jagdish Tiwari se mujhe koi lena dena nahi hai."

"What is the use of taking care of health Shivaay, you know I won't live for long. I'm just playing hide and seek with Shankarji. Bas ek baar 'Unhe' dekh luun, baat kar luun, phir I can happily rest"

"No maa, I need you, Gauri needs you ... She should know about your condition maa, we can't keep her ignorant forever"

"No Shivaay, I hate to see her smile falter. Jo hona hai vo hoke rahega at least let her be happy. She is happy that after so many years I allowed her to go away from Bareilly to complete her junior college in Hyderabad. It will be easier for me to go and come from hospital visits without raising her suspicion."

"But Maa...."

"Please Shivaay..... promise me that you will look after her, never leave her unprotected, never let her miss me more...Promise me that you will get her married to Omkara"

"I promise maa" said Shivaay sobbing "I promise to fulfill all your wishes. She was, is and will be my everything and I will do anything to keep her happy and protected. Trust me"

"I trust you Shivaay. You are the only one I can trust her with."

"Abhi apne aakhe ponch lo Gauri ke aane ka vaqt hogaya hai. Tere aankho mein paani dekh li to saara ghar sar pe uthalegi" joked Radha making Shivaay chuckle weakly.

As expected a few moments later......

"Shiv bhaiyya aap kaha ho....." yelled Gauri from the living room making Shivaay hurriedly wipe his eyes clean.

"I'm with Radha maa Gauri" called Shivaay in response.

Gauri entered her mother's room with a huge grin "Shiv Bhaiyya apko pata hai mein bhi aapke saath aa rahi huun is baar Hyderabad. Maa gave me permission. Hum khoob masti karenge."

"Gauri, I just told Shivaay about it and don't disturb him, you are not going for vacation. Shivaay will be busy in his training and you need to study for your twelfth grade" making Gauri pout.

"I will study well maa I promise. Thank you so much for letting me go. You can ask me anything in return"

"Just know that both your baba and maa loves you Gauri. Never say no to anything Shivaay asks you to do, take good care of the orphanage and lastly always believe in Shankarji... whatever happens in life, it happens for a reason" finished Radha making Gauri frown.

"Maa, aap bhi na... I'm just going for a year not forever that you give such pathos messages. Chill, you know I never say no to bhaiyya." Said Gauri hugging her mother with all her might thanking her again.

Shivaay left the place making an excuse not able to control his tears which threatened to fall anytime soon. He will make things right. His Radha maa has suffered enough and it was time for redemption.

****************************************************************************************

February 2017