12. Heart breaks and Vows

Good olden days..............................................

"Gauri remember that you are talking about your father" shouted Shivaay.

"I know Shiv Bhaiyya, sadly I know that he is my father. That doesn't change the fact that he made my mother crave for his love. She went through so much pain only because he was never there for her" replied Gauri equally angry.

"Gauri you need to understand that your father is serving the country by working as a an under cover cop. If not for him, many people would have suffered. The department could stop riots, save people from bomb blasts and save girls from illegal trafficking."

"I agree, I never said I don't respect him for it. I do but never expect me to love him bhaiyya" said Gauri making Shivaay shake his head in disappointed.

"Gauri... he too craved for the love of his family. Don't you think after these many years he deserves it?"

"He deserves my respect and he has that. Tons of it. He could live with that I guess"

"Can't you forgive him Gauri?"

"No, the same way you cannot forgive Jagdish baba"

"Gauri!!" roared Shivaay. "Don't even think of comparing the two of them. Your father loved you and your mother. He took care of you even though he was not present here. My father on the other hand, misunderstood my mother on hearsay, threw her out of the house and never looked back. Don't you see the difference"

"There is one major similarity Bhaiyya and that is both of them were never there for their children" she spoke stubbornly. "You know that your father's name is Jagdish Tiwari. Do I know what my father's name is?"

"Gauri...." started Shivaay tiredly.

"I don't want to argue with you on this matter Bhaiyya. Please stop it. You should stop searching for him too. They said he would return right? Let him come on his own, whenever he likes it. It does not matter to me. What matters to me is your safety."

Shivaay hugged his sister not knowing how to talk to her. Why does she have to be so stubborn. He knows she loves her father yet she will never accept that to herself. She fears that he will leave her again and losing people she loved was what Gauri feared the most.

"Shiv Bhaiyya, remember one thing. If you get hurt in saving him, I will never allow my father to even look at me. Keep that in mind before you take any decision."

"Why do you love me so much Gauri" he asked still hugging her. "What did I ever give you"

"You were there for me Bhaiyya, that's all that mattered to me. Please do not leave me alone Bhaiyya. I do not want to lose you for anything."

"Always Gauri... I will be there for you always..." promised Shivaay.

***********************************************************************************************

April 2017

Location: Tiwari House, Bareilly.

Abhay entered the storeroom of the house and sat on the unused, dusty couch with a thud. He had been telling himself all these times that he had moved on. He now realized that he was running away from accepting the truth, dogging it to the back of his head until today when the reality crashed onto him. He might never move on. He might never have the heart to love anyone else other then his....... No... not his anymore.