23. Faith and Faults

Location: Omkara's cabin, CB-CID, Mumbai

Omkara is on the verge of break down. It has been sixteen hours since his wife went missing and he could do nothing about it. All the training and his experience went down the drain and his calm had left him when his wife is supposedly in danger.

Yesterday when he saw Abhay's picture on the screen he felt his world crashing down. His mother had sent his wife with that guy just minutes before he knew of his identity. He cursed himself repeatedly thinking Why did he not go with them?, Why did he decide to trust that Abhay. Just let me get my hands on that Abhay..... he raged.

He at once called his mother to stop them if by luck they didn't leave the place. But luck was not in his favor. He called Gauri's number and later Abhay's number to note that both the numbers were switched off. Dandi and Abhishek tried tracing the numbers but to no avail. It was as if they vanished into thin air.

He reached the venue and looked around to find one of the officers he sent for his mother's protection, who was supposed to accompany Gauri and Abhay was badly injured. The officer was found in the parking lot unconscious and was immediately taken to the hospital. The doctors informed that he had a severe brain injury and it is unlikely that he can talk without getting operated.

Omkara continued to work on the Bharadwaj pharmaceuticals file trying to find a link between Abhay and Nisha. Are they related? Is Abhay connected in any way to the drug company. If so why would he help him? Did he wait till he knew the information on Gauri's father to plan his attack? Is he trying to take some weird revenge against his father in law? If so, is he related to the illegal organization as well?

As a last attempt he called Shakti to inform him of the occurrences and Shakti assured him not to worry. He asked him to wait for an hour more till he comes with help.

Omkara sighed tiredly. He didn't rest for a minute since the occurrence and his brain started to shut down crying for rest. He sat in his chair with his head held between his hands when Bhavya walked up to him.

"Bhaiyya please eat something. You haven't eaten anything since yesterday. We cannot go on like this. You need to be strong now more than ever. Bhabhi will not be harmed please eat" she tried for the nth time placing a plate of food before him.

"I don't know what to do Bhavya. I just don't understand why he took her now. She has been with him since years. Even before I was in the picture. Why now?" he asked tiredly.

"I know I couldn't believe my eyes too when I saw his picture yesterday. I can't believe Abhay can do that" said Bhavya and Omkara remembered his wife's words.

After Shiv bhaiyya if I trust anybody with my eyes closed it would be Abhay Gauri said to him.

"She trusted him so much Bhavya. I hope she hangs on till I get to her" he said his voice cracking at the end and Bhavya hugged him.

"I always admired your calmness Om bhaiyya. You cannot lose your cool now. Wait till Shakti sir comes. We will solve this at any cost. Now come on eat something. Unless you eat Jhanvi maa and Rudra will not touch food" she pleaded and finally Omkara gave in and pushed the food down his throat.

Bhavya smiled at him and at once called Rudra informing him that his brother was okay and warned him to eat and take care of their mother.

She was still talking on the phone when they heard a voice from the doorway of the cabin filled with anguish and concern.

"Om!!" called the voice and Omkara froze.

It has been two long years that he heard the voice but he could recognize it anytime. He turned around and stood up in shock looking at the person before him. Is he hallucinating? Is it because of lack of sleep and food that his mind was playing games? No it can't be... he looked real. He looked weak but real...Shivaay looked real...