25. Best laid plans

Location: Enquiry room, CB-CID, Mumbai

"For the hundredth time Mr. Oberoi, I do not know any one named Arjun" shouted Vikram Bharadwaj exhausted and irritated.

Omkara sighed looking at Shivaay. It has been two hours since they started and they had tried all possible ways to extract the information about the guy but it went to waste.

Abhishek hurriedly entered the room and whispered something in Omkara's ears. Omkara listened intently and a smile appeared on his face. He nodded at Abhishek who calmly left the cabin while Shivaay looked at Omkara in question.

"So why did you meet him in your office then? A year ago?" asked Omkara and Shivaay gave a winning smile to him before turning to Vikram.

"You know Vikram, our department here was quite smart in obtaining information. It has considerably improved I see in the last two years" said Shivaay. "Instead of wasting your time and ours you can tell the truth"

Vikram only glared at them giving silence as answer.

"Come on Vikram you threw that guy out of your office that day...You should have remembered him" asked Omkara. "How about Mukesh then Vikram? Do you want to talk about him?"

"What about him?" asked Vikram acting confused.

"Did you know that he is trying to trap you in a murder case?" he elaborated.

"What?"

"Yeah it was quite unbelievable for me too" said Omkara making a sad face "But it is the truth Vikram you were to be arrested in Nisha's murder case" he said.

"Omkara...I already told you that I did not kill her. I agree that I was in a relationship with her but I never killed her. She was not my enemy."

"Right... we are on first name basis aren't we" said Omkara sarcastically. "Anyway I did not say that you killed her but evidence does so. Your friend Mukesh informed us about the dead body's location a month after she died. He expected her to be the mother of our child and he wanted to implicate that you who were the only one close to her and had made her pregnant might have killed her" he explained and Vikram gaped at him.

"But Nisha got an abortion done" said Vikram.

"Yeah you were lucky then and we could not get to you" said Omkara smiling at him "but he didn't stop at that. Your drug trail failed and Mahira died accidentally. He came to know you were going to dispose her and he again gave us the location of the place of disposal. Your gang members got alerted, killed Mukesh's informer and changed the place in the last moment. However, since the security was tight all over the place thanks to my team, your people could not properly dispose the evidence."

"He thought we will get you that time with the drug toxicity report but you still got away" concluded Omkara.

"What did you do to him Vikram? Friendship gone kinky?" asked Shivaay.

"That dog" roared Vikram "How dare he"

"He dared enough..... Now come on spill the truth and give a statement so that we could get him arrested man. Hurry up now" said Shivaay bored.

One hour later Omkara and Shivaay walked out of the enquiry room quite surprised at the developments. Arjun is a Bharadwaj and he must definitely be working with Mukesh.. But for what? Money? Or is there a story again. They still don't have any idea as to where they must have hid Gauri or Why did that guy trap Abhay.

*****************************************************************************************

"Arjun be with that Abhay all the time. He is our trump card but if he succeeds to warn the department then we are over" warned Mukesh on the call.