8. Lives at stake?

Good olden days........................

Location: Shivaay's room, Mumbai.

"Shivaay bhaiyya, please come. There won't be a problem at all. Dad has gone out for some important work as he puts it but mom is at home. I will ask her to make jalebi's today. You can come over with your friend to complete your work" said Priyanka on the call.

"Thank u Prinku. We will be there in a few minutes" said Shivaay and disconnected the call turning towards Abhay.

"Abhi, it's the right time now, Shakti sir is not at home at the moment. Are you ready?"

"Yes Shivaay but what was your excuse to use the computer?"

"I cited that my laptop broke down and I need to send an important mail. Luckily, Priyanka is too innocent to suspect anything. Anyways it is not uncommon for me to use Shakti sir's system once in a while for sending certain important work related files when he asked me to. It won't be a problem. Let's go and get the work done as soon as possible."

Location: Khurana House, Mumbai.

"How are you Shivaay? How is your Gauri" asked Pinky Shakti Khurana with a smile serving him freshly made jalebis.

"She is fine mam and that implies I am fine too" he said smiling and Pinky nodded.

"Shivaay bhaiyya you tell so much about her that I feel like meeting her as soon as possible but I'm stuck in college and you know how strict dad can be."

"I will bring her here someday Prinku... don't worry"

"Yeah Shivaay you should bring her for sure even I am eager to meet her" said Pinky.

It has been an hour since he and Abhay reached the house. He quickly asked Priyanka to help him open the computer and started working with Abhi. When he saw her looking at the screen with interest, he brought her out of the room with the excuse of eating jalebis made by her mother and patiently waited for Abhay to finish the work and come down.

"Wow!!! He exclaimed relishing the taste of the sweet. There is magic in your hands Pinky mam. You make the best jalebis I have ever tasted" he muttered his mouth full of the syrupy sweet.

Pinky smiled at the compliment and asked "Who is that boy with you? He looks handsome haa... new recruitment?"

"No mam, he is Abhay my friend. He is a computer geek and I need him to complete an important assignment" he lied.

"Ohh... good... I will call Shakti ji he must be on his way. I will inform him of your visit" she said making him panic slightly. He doesn't want him to see Abhay lest he start an investigation and his friend discloses something. On top of it, he needs Abhay to come with him for a second time to extract the passwords with the help of the bug he is currently implanting in the system. So, he doesn't want to scare him off today.

"Let him come slowly mam, our work is anyway done. I will send Abhi and come back to eat the rest of these tasty jalebis" he said and Pinky nodded.

Just then, Abhay came downstairs giving him a gesture indicating that the work is done and Shivaay let out a breath of relief.

***********************************************************************************************

March 2017

Location: Tiwari House, Bareilly

Jhanvi looked at her son happy and wished that this happiness stayed with him always. Something definitely happened in the 'room' which led to the change of chemistry between his son and her soon to be daughter in law. She noticed the occasional blushing and intentional touching of hands and decided to confront his son later. "I will have my fill later" she thought mischievously.