7. Hugs and kisses

Good olden days..............................

"Abhi are you sure you can't find them?"

"Yes Shivaay, the files here only have details of cases dealt in the years 2010 and before. I have double checked everything"

"How is that possible, I checked the files in Mumbai headquarters too. On probing and a lot of coaxing from every possible source, I got the information that the files must have been present in the Hyderabad headquarters. I cannot trust anyone here and that was the reason I needed your help here. Now where should I search for the details?"

"Who has taken the charge of the confidential files after Tej sir? It must have been handed over to somebody right?"

"Yes it would have been but as usual that information is confidential too... I knew Tej sir only because Radha maa told me. Otherwise no one knows about it and If I get caught asking around, I might face an enquiry and even a suspension" explained Shivaay.

Abhay thought for a moment and uttered. "Shakti sir is the new Deputy Commissioner right? What if the files were handed over to him?"

Shivaay thought for a while and answered. "It might be we never know. I know him through Tej sir. Even if he knows I don't think he would disclose that information"

"There is no fault in trying now Shivaay. The files might have been handed over to any officer of high order. The only option left is trail and error. Let us start with Shakti sir. Let us hope he has those files. Do you have access in his personal computer?"

"Why personal computer? Those files are too confidential to be handled in a personal computer"

"Not for the files Shivaay for the information regarding the files. If he logs onto the main account of the department with his personal computer, there is chance that we can retrieve password. Or I can install a bug in his computer which can save the password if at all he opens those files any time after the instillation."

"Abhi......what would have I done without you" said Shivaay relieved.

"That's alright. But do you have access to his house? not you alone, I have to come with you if I have to install the bug. How are you going to manage that?"

Shivaay thought for a while and answered "I can get access Abhi. Be ready tomorrow by six in the evening. We are going to Shakti uncle's house"

"How?"

"Priyanka Khurana"

"Khurana? Shakti sir's daughter? Shivaay...... are you flirting with women for work benefits now" uttered grinning.

"Shut up Abhi... bhaiyya bulati hai mujhe (she calls me brother)... she is a sweet girl. Not at all like Gauri" he said laughing and Abhi returned it with a small smile.

Shivaay regretted bringing up the topic and quietly said "You don't worry about the access part. I will take care of it. Just be ready tomorrow" instructed Shivaay and Abhay nodded.

***********************************************************************************************

March 2017.

Location: Omkara's cabin, Crime Branch- CID, Mumbai.

Omkara glanced at the file before him for the nth time. Wishing something would come out of it this instant and hand him a clue which might lead them forwards in the case as they had reached a dead end yet again.