CHAPTER 22: Naval Search

You know when the time you realize that you did something without thinking about it if it's good or bad? Well, I'm the most stupid person right now because I entered a crucial situation without planning.

Now, I'm in the middle of nowhere and the only source of light I can trust right now is the moonlight. Fabian and his crew is nowhere to be seen, Kevin is taken by the mermaids and they are nowhere to be seen too.

What should I do?

This is the price of doing something without thinking and planning.

Suddenly, I heard the familiar harmonic voices of the mermaids. This time, it is much louder and it seems like there are many of them around me. The ocean water is calm and the only noise I can hear is the harmonic singing voices of the mermaids around me.

I've been swimming for about half an hour or less when I finally saw Fabian's ship and thankfully, well...I can say it's a miracle, the mermaids hasn't spotted me while I'm swimming back to the ship.

"PRIM!!!" Fabian shouted and I raised and waved my hand to capture his attention.

"I'M HERE FABIAN!!!" I shouted back that caught Fabian's attention instantly.

"PRIM!!" he yet again shouted. His crew threw a rope in my direction which I immediately caught. I tangled the rope in my hand and held it tight while some of Fabian's crew are pulling the rope together with me back into the ship.

"Have you lost your mind!!?" Fabian angrily exclaimed at me when I'm  finally back into the ship. I looked at him guiltily but said nothing.

"What you did is dangerous, what if those mermaids also dragged you to nowhere?" He continued. It seems like his crew knew that they shouldn't be listening into our conversation so they left us alone.

"I know, and I'm sorry but please, don't be angry at me, they took one of your crew and he's my new found friend that's why my instinct to save him got into me." I answered while giving him an apologetic expression. His angry expression slowly fades and his demeanor slightly relaxed.

He closed his eyes for a second and sighed to compose himself.

"Yeah, I'm sorry too for exclaiming at you. I was just so worried when you suddenly dived into the water and when we couldn't find you, I thought something bad happened to you" he said, concerned. I slightly smiled to what he said because I can feel that he really cares about me.

"Don't worry, we will not leave this area without him. We will find him" he continued, determination can be seen into his beautiful emerald green eyes.

My smile grew wider to that. Even though he's a pirate, he cares for his crew and I love that about him. Not all captains show concern to their crew and I'm glad that Fabian is one of the few ones who shows concern to their crew.

"We definitely should" I answered, also with determination.

After our talk, we began our search party for Kevin. I can see concern to everyone from their gestures even though they are all skeletons right now – except Fabian. Everybody is sure that Kevin is still alive out there somewhere because he is still in 'skeleton form', meaning, he can't die even when his bones were separated, we must find him before midnight ends though because that's when their curse will be temporarily not effective, in other words, if we cannot find him before midnight ends, we will only be reunited with his remains, dead.

"Where on this goddamn place can we find him considering that the mermaids probably took him under water" Ren said exasperated – but I can still feel his concern for Kevin.

Suddenly, harmonic voices can be heard again somewhere, this time, there are lots of them.

"They are approaching us again. What should we do?" Ren continued. He looked at Sergio, scared. I almost laughed because of his action but stopped when he looked at me, pointedly.