CHAPTER 19: Acquaintance Ship, New Kingdom

Six necklaces to go and this quest will be over and my fellow enchanters will be freed from their prisons. The purpose of this quest still slightly puzzles me though, I still don't know what is the curse behind all of this. The thought of doing this for unknown reason is making me loose my care for what it is but I have faith in the Goddess.

With six necklaces left, I feel like the upcoming challenges of the quest will be much difficult and harder than the rest of the challenges I had passed and succeeded.

I looked at the map beside me and saw that my next challenge of the quest is in the Kingdom of Lenore, the Middle East Kingdom.

Kingdom of Lenore (pronounced as le-no-re) as I had described from the past, is the source of vegetation and forestry in the Eastern Region or Continent of Alkalis. The kingdom is below the Kingdom of Alfas and above the Kingdom of Verar.

The kingdom is the Homeland of witches and ordinary humans. Witches in Lenore for your information, are enchanter's mortal enemies but it doesn't mean all witches are our enemies. There are still good witches who protects the kingdom from the bad ones. The bad witches as I had encountered from my first challenge of the quest uses both dark and white magic while Good witches only use law and white magic.

"We will reach the Kingdom for about a day or two. We are far from the Eastern Region considering that we are still in the borders of the Northern region" Fabian explained while approaching me and sitting beside me.

I nodded to what he said and continued observing the beautiful sunset in front of us. The ocean is so calm and the smell of the salt water is palpable.

"So...can you tell me now what the queen gave to you?" He suddenly asked out of nowhere.

I furrowed my brows and looked at him unbelievably that he smiled sheepishly in return.

"Haven't I told you that I'll tell you what it is when the right time comes? You are so impatient you know that?" I told him and rolled my eyes.

He bubbled his cheeks, made puppy eyes, and pout at what I have said. He looks like a fish right now, an ugly fish.

Ok, that's a lie.....he looks cute acting like a five year old child.

"That expression will never change my mind" I told him and he sighed, finally removing the 'cute' expression in his face.

"When then?" He asked still acting like a five year old child.

Seriously, is he a captain or not? He is so childish.

"When the right time comes" I replied and rolled my eyes again on him.

"Fine" he finally surrendered and looked at the setting sun infront of us. I replied nothing and also averted back my eyes on the setting sun.

Our silent and comfortable moment was cut off when Sergio suddenly approached us while running.

"C-captain, there's a ship c-coming in our w-way" he panted. Fabian quickly stood up and went into the front portion of the ship, I also stood up and followed him.

Fabian brought out his telescope from his right Jean pocket and directed it into the direction of the ship, he then placed the shorter lense by the end of the telescope into his right eye and observed the ship.

"What can you see, is that another enemy ship?" I asked him while he is putting down his telescope away from his right eye. He looked at me then smiled.

"No, the captain is a friend of mine-" he replied then brought back his telescope into his right Jean pocket. "-the captain is also one of the seven sea rulers" he finished.