CHAPTER 21: Kevin Mcloony

After fighting the witches, we immediately evacuated the area. I know for sure that the whole kingdom of Lenore witnessed my exhibition awhile ago.

"That's impressive, I thought for a second that you'll not stand a chance to those witches" Fabian said with amazement on his voice.

I'm still guilty to what I did to their magic though. I don't have the right to strip their magic away from them but it's the only to not let them hurt other people again using their black magic.

I looked at Fabian with guilty
expression and sighed.

"Are you still thinking about what you did to them?" He asked and I nodded about the obvious.

"Yeah, I don't have the right to strip their magic from them but there's no other way" I answered him. He sighed and hugged me, he then patted my back in comfort and I leaned my head on his chest.

"Don't be, you did what is right" he replied back and I nodded in our hug. I sighed because even though he supported what I did and thinks that it is for the better, the guilt inside me is still killing me.

"Stop that, I know you are still thinking about it. Just let it go and move on" Fabian softly stated, encouraging me to let it go.

I nodded in our embrace and after a while, I detached myself from his tight and comfortable hug.

"Thank you" I simply replied to him and he gave me a beaming smile.

"You're always welcome, little hamster" he replied teasingly. I rolled my eyes because of the endearment.

"Whatever, monkey" I teased back. We both laughed by our silliness and teased each other for the nth time.

"So, are we going to continue our journey to your next challenge of the quest or... should we take a break for a while?" He suggested and I smiled to the latter.

"I think, we should relax for a while and have some time for ourselves before going to my next challenge, it's kinda depressing doing it without a break" I answered that he smiled in reply.

__________

It's really amazing having some relaxation time before doing some serious actions to loosen up your worries and doubts just like this afternoon, Fabian, all of his crew, and I are in a secret island near Lenore and we are just having some fun. Fabian's other crew are in the beach, swimming and some are preparing and cooking meals. While everybody are busy, Fabian and I are in our tent, just laying.

"It's really nice here, don't you think?" Fabian asked out of nowhere while his eyes are closed and his head is laying on his right arm.

"Yeah, it is" I replied to him. I sat up from my laying position and were about to exit the tent when Fabian stopped me by gripping my right arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked, his eyes are still closed.

"I'm going to help your crew prepare foods for us" I answered him. He let go of my hands and I pecked his left cheek then left.

When I was outside the tent, I saw one of Fabian's crew preparing a plate of fruits. I quickly approached him and asked him if they need any help.

"Do you need help?" I asked the man who raised his head that was fixed to what he is doing to me.

"No sir, we are almost done here. You can sit there" he said and pointed to the wooden chair beside the table and across from him.

"What is your name again?" I asked him which he replied first with a smile.

"Kevin sir, Kevin Mcloony" he replied.

"You look so young, like 25 years old" I replied back and he slightly chuckled.