CHAPTER 20: Necklace in the Jar of Eyes

This place is giving me chills. People are either looking at us like we are raw foods and some kids we passed are playing splashes in a pool of blood coming from butchered animals namely pigs. Seriously, are this people cannibals?

"Can you please stop looking like you are about to puke, it's contagious" Fabian murmured beside me. I can't stop feeling like I'm about to puke though, it's disgusting here.

"I can't, it's disgusting here" I replied to him while covering my mouth and nose with a handkerchief.

"Then don't be so obvious about it" he replied back while rolling his eyes.

"I'll try" I answered weakly, I feel like my stomach is doing flip flops, in a bad way, right now.

"These people are eating us alive by the way their eyes are looking us" Sergio murmured in my back. I agree, one hundred percent.

After half an hour of walking, someone approached us.

"Are you all new here?" he asked while smiling maniacally. His teeth are all golden yellow and coated into what seems like cavities. I slightly grimaced for I am disgusted by his face.

I looked at Fabian who is not wearing his typical pirate suit, instead, he is wearing a plain black shirt and a black denim jacket on top and a faded black jeans. If you haven't guessed, we disguised ourselves as ordinary people so that everyone will not suspect us.

"Yes" is Fabian's only answer to the disgusting man.

"Do you need help for anything?" The disgusting man yet again asked. He looked at me with his predatory gaze and I fixed myself into Fabian's back. I looked at Fabian's crew who are looking at the disgusting man with narrowed eyes.

"No, we are fine by ourselves" Fabian answered to the disgusting man who's smile is now gone. Fabian and the rest of the crew payed no attention to it and made our way pass the disgusting man.

We didn't glance back at the disgusting man as we pass over him. We continued exploring the kingdom until noon. We decided to stay in an old cabin near the forest entrance.

Upon entering the old cabin, we saw jars that contains some weird things and artifacts, one of which is a jar that contains eye balls but what caught my attention about the jar is the one necklace I need to have. I don't know why I always find the necklaces without exact directions but hey, I'm probably lucky these necklaces are not so hard to find.

I went near the jar but was immediately stopped when I heard a feminine yet eerie voice.

"What are you doing here in my cabin?" the woman said, I looked at her and my eyes immediately widen. This woman is a witch, how did I not notice it from the time we entered this place?

Fabian and I looked at each other, both of us has the same expression. Fabian's crew made way for the witch who immediately approached me with narrowed and suspicious gaze.

When she is finally near me, when I say near as in near, she is so near me that the space between us is almost zero, she sniffed me and observed me for a second.

"There's something about you that makes my blood boil but I can't point it" she said with her eerie voice. Well, she is also making my blood boil right now even without her doing anything that can trigger my irritation.

Must be the enemy instinct is kicking.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me while still looking at me suspiciously.

"W-we are just staying here for a break, we thought no one is living here considering that this c-cabin looks so o-old" I stuttered while avoiding her suspicious gaze.