CHAPTER 42: The End of the Quest

The island of Bareae where the Goddess told us to go for the last part of the quest is as expected, beautiful and magnificent but there is something missing on it, life.

The island has no life at all. It is beautiful and dull in the same time.

Sigh.

Reminiscing all the events that have happened before we arrive here, I was still light headed because I was chosen by the goddess to become the leader of the twelve.

I was appointed to lead my fellow enchanters.

It makes me happy yet makes me a little anxious to lead because the responsibility is heavy and the possibility of failing to lead the twelve is wondering to my mind.

Anyway,

Time to finally end the quest and the curse.

We are now inside a cave where a beautifully carved and cultivated stone in a unique shape is placed into the center. Light is directing the stone from the hole above.

"What now?.." Ren asked while going to the direction of the stone.

The goddess didn't state the final move to complete the quest so here we are, guessing what to do.

"I believe this is the time where you will place all the necklaces in the stone.." Fabian stated, also going to the direction of the stone.

I raised a brow to him.

"And how did you know that?" I asked and he gave me a contemplating expression.

"The goddess may or may not talked to me before this quest start to help you in this quest thus she told me how to finish it.." Fabian stated and a surprised expression was plastered on my face.

"You knew about this quest all along?!" I asked surprised and he nodded yes, slowly.

Ugh.

The goddess hid this to me.

I can't believe it.

"That doesn't matter now.." Fabian stated in an apologetic expression.

His crew are just standing around us and the same surprised expression is plastered on their faces.

"I can't believe you didn't tell us that the goddess talked to you about the quest..." Ren stated in a blank state.

"You hid something to us. That's unacceptable, captain!" Sergio complained.

"Geez, I told you it doesn't matter now, besides, I made a promise to the goddess that I will not tell anyone that we talked about it..." Fabian defended himself.

Well, that sure is the Goddess' doing.

"Ok, as Fabian said, it doesn't matter now so move on.." I interfered rolling my eyes while going to the direction of the stone.

I then brought out all the necklaces from where I hid them. I hid the necklaces in my spacial dimension where things can be hid or placed if you don't want anyone knowing where you placed something.

Perks of being an enchanter.

I then placed the necklaces into the stone then suddenly, the scarlet colored pendants of the necklaces glowed up and the necklaces slowly rised up and floated to the thin air.

Suddenly, a blinding yellow light surrounded the necklaces that made us all back away from it. I raised my right hand then put it before my face to protect my eyes from the blinding light. The necklaces rotated slowly at first then fast after a while. I then saw the necklaces compressed to each other and the blinding light intensified that made me close my eyes.