5

Kendis POV

11:30pm
After my very much embarrassing situation at Amara's house. I finished eating and decided to go back home. It was late so i decided to book a taxi.
I yawned watching the city lights brighten the dark and gloomy night sky . The children running about , cars beeping, I loved night time london. It was so aesthetically pleasing:The taxi finally reached my destination and K payed him , thanking him as I shut my door.

"Mom i'm home." I shouted cheerfully waiting to hear her cussing me in reply.

"Mom?" I asked.

"MOM" I shout, my eyes travelling from one side to another trying to catch my mums short figure.

I went upstairs and found her lying on the floor lifeless and my heart dropped, her eyes were shut tight. I fumbled about in my bag grabbing my phone. My eyes started to become glossy , my mother was the only person who i have ever loved. She was all i ever had, my dad was dead to me. He mistreated us but my mom still pulled through to make sure i was happy. I was blind to the fact that my father was hitting my mom until one day i came back from school...My flashback was cut short as I felt someone tap me , i turned my head and saw my mom looking up at me with wide eyes.

I let out the breath i was holding in.

"Kendi.." My mom said sitting up.

"Mom you scared me what the hell?" I said turning my phone off.

"Hey? Kwasia who are you speaking to like that." She said raising her hand.

"I was doing this thing called Meditation? I don't how it is pronounced ooh , one aunty on whatsapp sent me a video of a woman doing it." She said clicking her fingers.

Whatsapp is killing my people.

I shook my head and I walked out the room clutching my chest. This woman will kill me.

I immediately went into bed and as soon as my eyes shut i started hearing my phone buzz.

I rolled my eyes and picked up my phone pressing answer.

"Amara fuck off im sleeping" i said kissing my teeth, I was still vexed over her publicly embarrassing me two whole times.

"Woah so that's how you answer the phone?" The deep voice said chuckling.

I widen my eyes.

"Who's this ?" I asked. Hoping it wasn't who I thought it was.

"Dion"

I covered my speaker and started screaming.

"I can still hear you , you know?"

I rolled my eyes.

"How did you get my number ?" i asked .

"Amara." He said bluntly .

"This girl."  I shake my head, ready to give her some hefty punches for the next time I come face to face with her.

"You got a man?" He said cutting me off, keeping it short and snappy.

"No i -" I didn't even get to finish my sentence because he had cut me off.

"Cool i'll see you tomorrow." He replied quickly.

"Where ?" I said screwing my face.

"Your yard." He said in a "duh" voice.

" But you don't know my yard-" I said giving him the same attitude he gave me.

"You ask too many questions, i know where you live." He said trying to cut me off yet again.

"How?-" He cut the phone on me and I put my hand on my chest.

If it was one thing men had it was audacity.

I called him back and he answered.

"What" he said being rude yet again.

I then cut off the phone on him, feeling content and happy.