12

Kentrell.

It was around 3am and I woke up. I turned to look at Kendi who was sleeping peacefully, I smiled. I got up making my way to the bathroom.  Flicking on the light acknowledging my beauty.

"Nah look how leng I am." I grinned.

I flexed my muscles hyping myself up.

See how sexy I am?. Cmon man.

I really felt special, I was her first time. I smiled to myself feeling happy and content, the first time in my life where i felt wanted.

My smile was short cut , the old memories I had tried my best to forget resurfaced leaving me in deep thought...

——————

"Kentrell, why are you doing this?"
I rolled my eyes trying my best to shut my mothers shouting out.
"Kentrell LISTEN TO ME."

I turned to her remaining calm.

"What?" I replied dumbly.

"Don't tell me "What". Do you want to DIE?" She exclaimed, tears rolling down her face.

"I won't die." I shrugged trying my best to hide the guilt building up inside me.

"Do you want to be another statistic? Do you think anyone cares about another black boy dying due to knife crime? You can do better than this please listen to me." She begged , heavily sobbing.

I took what she had said into consideration, it was true. I was going to be another black boy dead. No one cared. I was just another statistic to them. But I need the money, not even me my FAMILY NEED IT. My brother who had a life threatening illness needed treatment immediately. My mom could never get that money. She tried her hardest , working multiple  jobs as a cleaner and nurse. But it wasn't hard enough.

I walked out. Hearing her wail and cry out my name. I bit my lip, trying to not let out a river of tears.

—————-

I shook my head snapping out of my deep thoughts, I'd never forgive my mom. My brother lost his life because of her pride.

I stared at myself in the mirror not breaking contact with my reflection. 

——-

Very short chapter, as in short short shorttttr. But I wanted a quick preview on what Kentrell  had  gone through. But n e ways i'm still writing chapter 16 which is quite long ! 

Have a good day/night !.