6

I kissed my teeth as we hopped back into the car, we had been stopped and searched 4 times in less than a day.

I shook my head, police officers lived off harassing black men, and blaming them for crimes they don't even commit. Then wonder why people feel unsafe and don't trust the police.

I rested my head as Vianni sped down the streets on a very busy road. I looked at the different people carefully , seeing how diverse it was. I squinted my eyes as a petite darkskin girl walked past, i patted Vianni indicating he should park. He nodded looking at her too and slowly smirked.

"Go get her." He said dragging it.

I chuckled and got up abruptly, jogging softly towards her.

"Yoooooo." I said cheerfully.

She smiled.

"Yo." She replied giving me the same energy.

I instantly felt bad, Kendi popping into my head yet again. Mentally cockblocking.

I shrugged the feeling off.

"Fuckin can I get your number?" I said looking her up and down.

"Yeh , why not." She said smiling showing her gleaming white teeth.

She took my phone, typed her number and saved it her name as "BOO❤️😍".

I raised my eyebrows.

It was cringe and plain unnecessary but I dismiss it.

"I'll call you later, yeh?" I said turning around and jogging back to Viannis parked car.

"You done?" He asked lighting up a blunt which was set in between his lips.

"Yeh, she's too easy I can't lie." I said shaking
my head a simple can I get your number got you saving your number on my phone as "Boo."

He inhaled the smoke slowly before opening his mouth to a little "o". Letting all the smoke blow out in my face.

"For the streets" He said shrugging. "But least hit that." He laughs.He started the car and we set off on our journey back home. Before I manage to laugh too.I received an call from an unknown caller. The car begins to slow down as it reaches home, I give a nod to Vianni, waving him as off he drives away.

I answered it waiting for the person to speak.
Never speak first.

"Dion" A woman said, I could hear the anxiousness in her voice.

"Who the fuck is this?" I asked aggressively.

"It's your mom." She said murmuring.

"What the fuck do you want" I screwed.

I grew angry at the fact she wasn't dead, I wanted her dead. Despite being my birth giver there was nothing motherly about her.

"Look.. I need to talk to you.". She said nervously.

"Fuck that i'll speak to you later." I said cutting her off and ending the call.