27

"How long is she going to stay here?" She whispers, her voice low and husky. My right eye splits open, wary of my surroundings. I stay still, acting as if I was still in deep slumber.

"Look, quit asking me these questions. I don't know and to be fair I don't really care." He whispers, pacing around.

I turn my head slightly watching "Kiah" frown, her arms crossed tightly across her chest.

"But I just want it to be the both of us." She pouts, changing the pitch of her tone and whining like a little child.

"Stop that shit." Remy mutters, sucking his teeth.

"Stop what." She raises a groomed eyebrow, her damp wet curly hair, bouncing off her narrow shoulders.

I take a good long frown at her, she really was what I considered to be perfect. Tall long toned legs, wide hips. Perfectly arched back, toned stomach. Large back and front. I gaze in awe.

"Uhm, your awake." Remy hops from one foot to another.

Kiah turns and acknowledges me, her face turning red.

"I should be on my way." She points towards the door, slipping into her coat and grabbing her handbag. Her hips swaying side to side.

"How long were you awake?" He asks, my eyes flickering back to him.

I pretend to yawn and stretch, "Just now. Why?" I ask.

"Calm, it's nothing." He dusts off his jeans and jogs up stairs leaving me in complete silence.

I begin to think, I really needed to go back.

I clear my throat, "Remy."

"Huh?" He shouts.

"I wanna go back."

"Go where." He asks, his face scrunched up.

"Home." I look down, as if a massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

He nods, not breaking any eye contact from my face.

Bryson.

I stay seated, wary of my surroundings. Clutching onto the shot glass, taking long gulps of the strong bitter alcohol. The music played over the dance floor as if it had fused with the bodies. I watch around, the number of girls in short tight dresses, grinding on drunk men. I rest my head on the table, feeling dizzy.

I watch girls squeal over the familiar voice of IQ.

I kiss my teeth, raising the shot glass up to my lips and taking a gulp, grimacing.

A petite blasian girl stands next to me, leaning over the bar table.

"You got an echo falls?" She asks, her speech slurred. Clearly drunk.

I look up at her.

"Hey." She waves, turning towards me.

I nod at her, not in the mood to socialise with anyone. The whole intention of me coming to this club was to mind my business and get drunk. After the incident I tried my best to avoid any contact with my mother, she tried to talk to me. But I wouldn't, remembering the incident infuriated me.

"Say hey back." She demands.

I look her up and down, snickering.

"What's funny.?" She crosses her arms, towering over me.

"Nothing." I shrug, trying my best to stifle my laugh.

"Why are you here alone." She sits next to me, taking a swig of her drink.