The Queens Count

Lucio X Reader

The Queens Count

||an AU where lucio is y/n's right hand. but in the matters of marrying someone she doesnt know lucio gives her an idea to run away with him||

||also he's a bigger softie in this story||

y/n paced back and forth in her study room. she was about to meet her future husband and to be honest this wasn't what she expected when she told she was going to be happy or the rest of her life with her soulmate. she expected to find love with her soulmate and be happy with her soulmate whom she found. that was the idea. but alas that was only a daydream.

she perked up hearing the doors open to reveal a blond haired man, she sighed in relief seeing her right hand, Lucio.

"sorry miss y/n. but i wanted to check up on you before-- you know." he said softly shutting the door behind him. 

"thank you lucio." y/n replies bluntly and goes back to pacing back and forth

"so what're you thinking?"

"how unjust this is. you can't just force two people together and expect them to love each other- not only that but have a wedding only a few days after they meet? what kind of logic is that?"she speaks clearly. lucio listened carefully and took in each and every one of her words. 

"i understand. i assume there isn't a way to talk yourself out of it either." 

y/n only shook her head no. she sighed and sat down "i can't wait for this day to be over" she mumbled before a knock at the door echoed in the room. Lucio opened it seeing another servant.

"miss y/n. the guests are here, lucio will escort you to the dining hall" they said with a soft tone before walking off. 

Lucio looked at y/n with a sorrowful glance before leading her to the dining hall. 

three people were seated at the fairly large table, all making small talk before noticing the soon to be wife enter the room and quieting down. 

y/n sat at the and of the table, across from the king of the other kingdom. she looked at the queen and then their son. 

"y/n l/n. you are the ruler of this kingdom called vesuvia?" the king speaks up first

"yes. yes i am" 

"and you're the only ruler here?" the queen speaks

"It's me and my right hand who mainly run things around here."

the two nod and look at their son, who seemed to be as just as miserable as you. 

"this is our son, (s/n) {sons name}. he is your perfect fit, both seemingly miserable and full of absolute selfishness" the queen scoffs. 

y/n wasn't one to raise hell but knew when she needed to. she stood up from the table.

"miss as much as i'd love to be a kind role model for my kingdom, i do not accept that kind of language here. you can speak all that nonsense in your own home but in mine, you follow my rules. that is your son you're calling selfish. the only selfish people i see are you and your overly cooked pig of a man you call your king and your husband. im done here and so are you. you can see your way out of this kingdom." y/n said with a flat tone and an angered expression, not a single stutter came out of her mouth while she spoke. she turned on her heels and walked out if the dining halls. 

the king queen and their son all stomped off and left the kingdom as quickly as they could. lucio was still in the dining hall, blushing softly. he shook it off and followed after y/n, but stopped once seeing y/n being scolded at by Valerius. 

"you can't just say those things to our guests! it'll put a bad name to our kingdom and you'd be the one to blame" Valerius spoke angrily. 

"you can't expect me to stay calm when some random person calls their own son miserable and selfish- her son is probably miserable because he can't be free. and i bet you all my golden cards that he isn't selfish and that she says those things because he asked for one thing in life! im not going to play victim or victor but i don't stand that king of act in my kingdom. so be upset valerius- this is my life, and if you keep trying to find me a husband or wife or whatever the less it'll start to work, so i suggest you find another tactic." y/n stomped off once again but to her room.

valerius sighed and sipped his wine from frustration. he walked off in the opposite direction but noticed lucio "stop starring you rat" 

lucio quickly averted his eyes and walked to y/n's room.

there was light crying from what lucio could hear. he lightly knocked on the door before cracking it open and walking in. y/n wiped her eyes and sat up on her bed. though it was obvious to lucio that she was crying. he walked over to her and sat on the bed next to her, wiping her eyes. 

without saying a single word lucio opened his arms and she quickly hugged him. he wrapped his arms around her and gently rubbed her back to sooth her. 

a few minutes later, y/n gently pulled away. wiping her eyes once again."i'm sorry you had to see this side of me. and you had to see what happened out there." 

"you don't have to apologize at all. that queen was quite rude about her own son. i could never imagine talking about my own child like that.-- that is if i ever get kids."he said trying to lighten the mood, a small chuckle escaped y/ns lips.

"yeah me too. i wish this wasn't so hard... i wish i could just find love, someone like you lucio. who is sweet and understanding" 

"well im a someone like me." he said softly blushing, this caught y/n off guard and she paused. "s-sorry that came out wrong! forget what i sa--"

"lucio, its okay. but i take you like me too. and i like you too- but- see! this is why i hate being royalty! loving someone who isn't in a royal name is solely forbidden!" y/n huffed.

the room got somewhat silent before lucio gasped "lets run away. somewhere far from here. where royalty and non royalty means nothing." he said with a glimpse of hope in his eyes.

"really? you would want to do that?" 

"for you- i would want to  fight a three headed dragon" he smiled.

y/n smiled and nodded "midnight. ill get my things ready and we can leave."

lucio nodded and left the room to pack his things

~~~~~~~~ midnight~~~~~~~~

lucio lightly knocked on y/n's door, y/n opened the door quietly and smiled at him "did you check if the coast is clear?" 

"yeah, the guards are all out drinking tonight" y/n nods grabbing her bag of item she wanted to take with her.

lucio and y/n left as quietly as they could and took two horses and rode off into the dark forest. 

the two felt beyond free, they stopped by a pond in a clearing and set up camp. lucio looked at y/n sweetly "y/n- can i do something?" 

y/n nodded and turned to lucio to see what it was, but when she turned lucio kissed her deeply, holding her by her waist. she kissed back wrapping her arms around him as well.

the two ended up building a cottage in that clearing and living happily ever after.

~~ end