The Waltz

Asra X  Fem! Reader

The Waltz

|| I don't think we've had a good waltz with Asra yet. enjoy||

( I'll give you a sign for when you can start playing the song.)

{your dress, m'lady}

~~

You and Asra knew each other long ago. he wanted to travel to new horizons, and you wanted to travel to new realms. he thought it was too dangerous, but you thought it was adventurous. you would fight about it for days and days on end until you both decided to just find your separate ways. 

Nadia wanted to throw a ball simply for the hell of it, but her theme wasn't mixing colors, instead, it was all gold and white, while the male wore a black tux with feathers, much similar to Julians' formal attire.

You decided to wear a long white and gold dress with some short white heels to along with it, if you were supposed to dance, you'd at least not want to trip and fall.

if only the past 2 hours you knew you'd fall, in love...

Nadia helped you into your dress, she helped with the hair and makeup while Portia also made sure she and Nadia were both dolled up. they both kept admiring your beauty and told you that if no one looked at you this evening, they'd build statues of you in every corner of vesuvia, you knew they were joking and decided to chuckle with them. 

~

Julian and Muriel looked at asra with focus, thinking of ways to make his outfit look like the belle of the ball. "you guys think she'll be there?" asra asked looking down at himself.

"who?" Muriel asked glancing at Julian

"y/n, Asra's old love"

"asra had a lover?" Muriel looked at asra in surprise.

asra faced down and explained his past love life with y/n. telling them how he missed her.

Julian and Muriel listened to the story and with a frown, Julian spoke "Asra it's time for you to move on. and hey if she's at the ball- maybe talk to her, end on a better note. right?"

Asra looked at Julian as if he were the most pathetic creature alive and sighed "I guess you're right" 

~ At The Ball~

Y/n walked around the dance room to find any of the people she knew, luckily she found Portia, but she was busy so she had to leave, then she spotted Julian alone drinking a glass of wine. She lifted the sides of her dress a little and made her way to the tall glass of ginger, she gave a soft grin as she began to speak "it's been a while, Julian." 

Julian looked down at her and nodded with a smirk "indeed it has, and may I say that dress fits you to perfection"

y/n chuckled and took the wine glass out of his hand "Let's dance, for old times sake?"

Julian couldn't resist a wild dance, he took y/n's hand and led her to the dance floor, spinning her and lifting her in some parts of their dance, y/n's laugh was fairly hard to forget, and asra could hear it clearer than water.

Asra perked his head up and couldn't see where the laugh came from, he walked towards the steps and looked around for the laugh, until he spotted you, dancing happily with Julian. if you were to ask him right at that moment if he were jealous he'd deny it faster than lightning. 

Julain set you down and stepped back with a bow "m'lady, I enjoyed this dance" 

y/n curtsies as she steps back "as have I, Mr. Devorak" 

with that, the two turned and walk away from each other.

y/n walked outside into the hedge maze, humming a whimsical tune while dancing with yourself. Asra followed quietly behind you until you reached the center of the maze. 

you sat down onto the grass, staring up at the moon, one hand playing with a crystal that was given to you, it was for good luck.

Asra sighed to himself and nodded, walking up to you and sitting next to you. he felt your stare as he looked up at the moon

"I guess my party is over," you said and started getting up, asra only took your hand and pulled you back down "What the hell was that for?"

"Stop running from me..." 

"I'm running from you? how about you acting like you're a divine creature built from the mightiest god?" you huffed out

"Alright, I'll stop if you just let me talk to you"

"fine. make it quick"

"you were dancing with Julian.. and I heard you laugh and it brought me back to the times we shared. I missed those days... i... I missed you, and seeing you happily dance with Julian made me realize I can't stop loving you no matter where you or I go."

"geez asra, what are you trying to get to? my heart? you left that back at the shop- don't you remember, telling me you couldn't stand to be with someone who was so unsupportive, even when all I ever did was support you- even our fight I told you that if you wanted to go on your own adventures I would support you- but once it came to me doing something that didn't include you- you went absolutely haywire." you harshly told him, you noticed him starting to frown and turn his gaze at the grass.

"I remember... and I'm very sorry, and every day I wish I could take that back to be there for you like you were with me. please y/n, give me another chance, I'll do anything." asra pleased turning his whole body towards you and begging you for forgiveness.

Asra always had these eyes, ones that you just couldn't turn away from, even in this situation. "dance with me"

"what?"

"dance with me and I'll forgive you"

~start playing music~

you and asra stood up, his hand rested on your waist and the other held your hand. your hand on his shoulder and the other in his. you laid your head on the other shoulder and started to move, dancing with him in silence while the music from inside the palace played faintly out into the maze.

asra glanced down at you and kissed your head pulling you just a little closer.

"you know, traveling different realms...i found all these wonderful things that I thought you would've loved to have. Just sad that I didn't know we'd meet again..."

"I know, it was the same traveling different lands. I once found this amazing cleric who sold some amazing pumpkin bread and every time I had some, I couldn't get you out of my head- it's silly to say but no matter what I did, you were there."

you both chuckled softly, and towards the end of the dance, you both just stayed in the same position, holding each other closely.

"I love you, Asra"

"I love you too, y/n"