Chapter Eighteen

chapter eighteen

I stood up slowly, not taking my eyes of the man. Ares? Not a fucking chance. I gulped and took a step back.

Yeah, I was scared. He's fucking huge, he just fucking came out of the hidden goddamn portal and he looks like an older version of me, okay? I'm allowed to be scared.

I took another step back when he took one closer. I whirled around quickly and started running. I could hear his boots hit the ground behind me, meaning he's following me. 

Shit.

I jumped over a fallen tree and shifted in midair, I landed with a thud but kept running. I ran faster than what I have ever ran before. I knew that because only 30 seconds later I could see the outline of my house.

I jumped onto the porch and shifted back and rushed inside, slamming the door behind me. I leaned against it and breathed heavily.

"Not so fast." I yelped when a hand came around my neck and squeezed. 

How in the fuck did he get in?!

I clawed at his hand, desperate to get some type of air. "Blake?" My eyes widened when I heard Declan's voice. I started struggling more against the man.

I'm not gonna fucking let this dude that calls himself the god of war hurt Declan or Ace. Declan rounded the corner with Ace in his hands. When Ace saw me he started to claw at Declan's hands to try and get to me. Declan's eyes widened when he saw me, he was about to put Ace down but I raised my hand and shook my head.

"Let go" I croaked to the man. He didn't budge.

"please.. I have a family.. a kid, a husband.." The pressure stopped after that. I slid down the wall, gasping for breath. Declan put Ace down and Ace immediately ran to me. Declan was staring at me with eyes wide in shock.

Ace came crashing into me and wrapped his tiny arms around my neck. Declan shook out of his daze and ran to me and hugged me. He shocked me when he started crying quietly. I hugged them both and buried my face in the crook of Declan's neck.

What? It's gotta be convincing.

"I didn't know you had a family. Your mother never told me" I froze at his words. I opened my eyes and stared at him.

"what?" My voice was barely above a whisper. What does he mean by that? My mother never told him?

"What's your name?"

"What's your name?" He sighed and look at me with an unamused expression.

"Ares, the god of war. I'm your father" I stared at him blankly. My father? Seriously? Who the fuck does he think he is?

"And I'm Luke Skywalker" I scoffed. 

He looked at me quizzically. Obviously he's from the god realm. But can't be Ares, not the Ares. How am I supposed to believe a guy that came out of an invisible portal, then sent me flying into a goddamn tree, that hurt, and then tell me he's Ares, the god of war and then tell me he's my dad?  

Yeah sure, and I'm Jesus himself, apparently. 

Ace squeezed my neck and I looked down at him. My eyes widened when I saw his tear stained cheeks. I wiped them away while whispering soothing words to him. I knew he was scared, he was scared of the... man. 

I softly pushed Declan off of me and stood up with Ace in my arms. I glared at the man and took a step closer to him. 

"I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but if you really think you can just come in here and tell me that you're Ares, and then proceed to tell me you're my dad, you're wrong. I want you out of my house."  Just as I said that, he vanished. 

Normal. 

I stared at the spot he'd stood, contemplating whether I was still hallucinating or not. 

I put Ace in Declan's arms and walked to the kitchen. I leaned against the counter and stared out of the window. 

I mean, I knew my parents weren't actually my real parents. I don't look like them. I never have and never will. I'm in no way shape or form related to them. I was allowed to move out when I was 15, my brother is already 16 and not allowed to move out. They wanted me gone from the moment I showed up. 

The only one that actually acted as if I was related to them was my grandmother, and I don't have her anymore. She loved me for who I was, even if I was a problem child. It was my fault she died.  

I didn't protect her, I hid. Even as the arrows hit her in the chest over and over, I still hid. Even as her blood splattered all over the floor, I still hid. I was a coward. If I would've just gotten up and helped her kill the hunters, then she wouldn't be dead. 

I looked down at my hands, I hadn't even realised I had started shaking. I squeezed my eyes shut and felt something warm trail down my cheek. I slammed my fist against the counter out of anger, I'd started crying, why the fuck had I started crying? 

I felt a hot pain in my hand and groaned. I looked out of the window and saw my brother making his way towards my house. 

Seriously? 

I went to the door and opened it, walked back into the kitchen and waited for him. I heard him close the door and make his way towards were I was. I hopped up onto the counter when he entered the kitchen. I frowned when I saw him, he looked angry. 

"Oi, what the fuck is-" 

"Are you gay?" 

Oh for fucks sake.