Chapter Thirty

chapter thirty

I woke up to the feeling of discomfort. It felt as if my hands were chained up and I wasn't lying under that fluffy duvet anymore. 

It was cold.

Last night, Declan had told me everything about himself. How his parents left him and his sister when he was thirteen, how he's had to rule over the demons since then. He told me how hard it was taking care of his sister when he was thirteen and how hard it was for him to get over the fact that his parents left him. They had left him and his sister in the middle of the night, no note, no goodbye, no nothing. He's tried looking for them, but he's never found them.

I opened my eyes tiredly and found myself lying on tile flooring. I tried moving my arms but they didn't budge, I forced myself to sit up more straight. I looked at my hands and wasn't surprised to see them chained to the wall.

I looked around the room, it was familiar. I looked up the wall and saw a painting, a wolf painting, a wolf black as night with a tiny cub beside it.

My grandmothers painting.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled. I'm in my basement. I tried getting up but found my legs also chained to the wall.

Fucking awesome.

I heard the door to the basement open and immediately looked at the door, it was dark but I could see the outline of a person. There stood Declan, he was wearing some type of armour.

Sleek black armour.

"Declan? What the fuck?" I whispered and he seemed surprised to see me awake. His eyes immediately filled with guilt and sorrow. He approached me slowly, probably expecting me to lunge at him in some type of way but I was way too tired and confused to do that.

"I'm sorry, Blake.. but this is the only way I'll be able to leave.." He said as he crouched down in front of me. He lifted his hand and placed it on my cheek, his thumb caressing my cheek gently.

"What?" I breathed and tried getting closer to him but the chains wouldn't let me. He smiled gently, it wasn't a happy smile.

"No, Declan, you're not fucking leaving." I seethed and yanked against the chains but they didn't break. I looked down at the chains and saw that it was the chains that I had specifically made for myself, chains that were impossible for me to break out of. 

Declan shook his head sadly and stood up. My eyes got wide when he started making his way out of the room.

"I love you!" I cried helplessly and that made him stop. He completely froze. "Please, Declan! I love you, alright! Don't leave me! Please. . ."

I could hear his heart beating like crazy, his shoulders had started shaking slightly. I heard a small sob escape him and I started tugging more viciously at the chains. I could feel tears streaming down my face but ignored them.

When he started walking again, I couldn't take it anymore and let everything out. I sobbed, screamed at him to not leave but he didn't listen. I heard him whisper 'I love you too' before he disappeared from my sight.

I let out an agonising scream, that most definitely echoed through the woods. I stopped tugging at the chains when I couldn't feel him around me anymore.

(A/N Declan did not reject Blake.)

I slumped against the basement wall and stared up at the ceiling. 

He left. 

I heard my front door slam open, and many voices, one of them being Zach.

"Blake?!" I didn't have the strength to say words so I hit my hand against the wall, not too hard but hard enough for it to make a sound. I heard rushed footsteps come closer to me but I didn't move.

I felt a pair of tiny arms wrap around my neck and that's when more tears started streaming down my face. I didn't fight the tears, I didn't care if my pack members saw me like this.

"Pa? Whas wrong?" Ace asked that tiny voice of his and I almost smiled. I let my eyes drift to his. Mallory and Zach had probably been walking over here when they heard me scream.

I shook my head and saw out of the corner of my eye Zach walk in to the basement. I could feel how his eyes stuck to my tear stained cheeks for a while before he seemed to snap out of it and come over to let me out of the chains.

"What happened, Blake? Why did you scream?" He asked in a worried tone and I looked at him. His hair was messy and he didn't have a shirt on, he probably shifted when he ran here. I let my eyes drop to the floor again.

"Declan left."