chapter Ten

chapter ten

Okay.

I woke up, once again, with Declan holding my hand.

Great.

Fucking amazing.

And why the fuck do I keep blacking out? Or collapsing? Seriously.

At least i wasn't in the pack hospital. I was in the schools, what's it called? Nursery? No that's the thing for babies, nurses office? Yeah that.

I hadn't opened my eyes but I could feel his hand. How did I know it was his hand, you may ask? I can tell the difference between his hand and someone else's. His hands are soft but firm at the same time, I know it's him by the way he's caressing my knuckles with his thumb. I know it's him from the warmth of his hand on top of mine. I know it's him by the soft squeezes he does.

Oh and I can smell him. I know it's him. His scent, you know?

"What're you doing?" I croaked out and he froze. His thumb stopped caressing my knuckles and the warmth of his hand left mine. I opened my eyes slowly and saw that he was no longer beside me but on the other side of the room.

I frowned, why is he standing so far away from me? He's my mate, he's not supposed to be scared of me.
I opened my mouth to ask him why he was standing so far away from me when I remembered.

He doesn't believe we're mates. My frown turned into a glare. He lowered his head as if he had been waiting for me to glare at him.

I guess he knew from my face that I had totally forgotten about how he reacted. He'd just waited for me to remember and get angry at him. I wanted to get angry at him, I really did. But I couldn't.

"The- The nurse said that I had to stay with you until you woke up, that's why I'm still here." Declan muttered, his eyes still not meeting mine. It was annoying me.

"So you're saying if she hadn't told you to stay you would've left?" I asked. I really did want to know, I also wanted to know what him and my mother had talked about the other day but right now I wanted to know if he'd accepted me as his mate, if he hadn't then, well, sucks for him. I wouldn't be hurt, everyone I've ever loved has always left.

Declan looked up at me but said nothing. I could tell he was contemplating whether to lie or not. If he did lie, I wouldn't be able to tell. If he was something else and not a demon, then I would be able to tell.

Demon's weren't from this realm originally, they came from the god realm. Don't know how or when. Nobody really does. They just showed up one day and out of nowhere started killing werewolves. So, of course, us werewolves had to fight back. It didn't end well, on either sides, millions of demons were dead and millions of werewolves were dead.

The Demons only wanted to show every other creature on this world how strong they were and that they were unstoppable. They are unstoppable. They are strong, stronger than werewolves and us werewolves, before the demons showed up, we were the unstoppable.

We were the on top, we ruled over every other creature, still do, except for the demons. Yes, that damn principal made me bleed, but that doesn't mean I'm not able to kill him. Yes, he's a Faerie but they don't rule over us. They make sure that our so called 'world' is hidden from humans.

That's basically the only thing they do, and of course have tons of sex. Which is weird, in my opinion.

"Yes, I would've left" Declan said, bringing me out of my thoughts. I narrowed my eyes at him. So he would.

"Then why didn't you?" I asked. He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off. "Why were you holding my hand?" He stayed quiet, he averted his gaze again.

I scoffed and shook my head. "If you're so fucking sure about the fact that we're not mates, then why the fuck are you still nice to me? Why do you look at me like you love me? Yeah, didn't think I could tell it was you who was looking at me in gym, in math, in every fucking class we had together, Declan. Do you seriously think I'm fucking stupid?"

He said nothing. After all that, he still said nothing, what type of a fucking person tells someone that they basically don't like them but then end up staring at them and caring for them like they've been together for years?

Someone who's fucking lying about their feelings.

"Still nothing? What? You scared? Is your dad gonna beat you up, like mine, when you come out? You don't want anyone to know that you're... whatever you are? You know that's fine with me right? I came out to my parents because my dad was about to force me to become mates with your sister and... well mate her, I just blurted it out, I didn't say 'I'm fucking gay' I said 'Declan Blackwood. It's Declan Blackwood, a demon, a man, you didn't want your son to be a fag? Well he is so get over it.' I don't think your dad is going to react worse than mine. Wanna know what he did?" Declan looked shocked at my words, don't know which of them though.

"He taught me a lesson. And my lesson, I mean he tortured me and by torture I mean he whipped me and he did it in front of the whole pack. Oh, let's not forget the fact that his belt was covered in some weird type of wolfsbane." And now he looked horrified.

Weren't Demons supposed to enjoy those type of stuff? Torturing? I thought they did?

"I'm sorry"

"what?" What the fuck is he saying sorry for? It wasn't his fault.

Before I could ask him why he said sorry he walked over to me and grabbed my arm and then proceeded to put his hand on the back of my neck and yank me forward, pushing my face in the crook of his neck.

What the fuck is he doing.