chapter 6

[ all fan fiction; not real ]

[ TIMESKIP ; SCHOOL ; CHOIR ROOM ]

" no i'm not singing that song." said jungkook as he looked at the song options you gave him.

you groaned in frustration for the 6th time today, this guy just won't pick a damn song. you walk over to where jungkook put his bag and turned the bag over, making all the papers fly out from the bag onto the floor.

"w-what are you doing? are you crazy?" said jungkook as he looked at you searching through his scattered papers.

" let's sing this one." you said as you grabbed the familiar sheet with the lyrics, the one you read when you first met him.

" IM NOT SINGING THIS-"

" why not? the lyrics are so beautiful, every word is like a mother's kiss. so gentle and caring, your words are so beautifully done they share so much emotions. i love it and i want to sing it." you said as you kept reading the words that were written on the crumbled paper.

you got up and went over to the microphone, tapping the head of the microphone to test if it was on.

" based on the notes and the pitches behind the lyrics i'm gonna guess it's supposed to sound something like this." you said to jungkook who was standing in the corner with his arms crossed as he leaned on the wall.

he rolled his eyes as he watched you. he did not want to sing something he wrote, he rather sing a classic piece, something that guarantees a victory. there's no way you both would win with a song he wrote. not like he had or chance at winning anyways.

but all that doubt vanished the minute he heard your voice. her voice was so stable and she was singing exactly how it was supposed to be.

[a/n : u can imagine it korean or english ]

Your faint voice that grazes me
Please call my name one more time
Even if I'm standing still under the frozen sunset
I want to walk one more step towards you
still with you

before he knew it you have stopped singing and smiled back at him. he clapped as he made his way towards you and the microphone.

" wow you made my song sound like a number 1 hit, you really are an amazing singer. " he said to you as you felt your cheeks getting hotter.

stop it y/n.. he's the boy who likes my bestfriend.
you smiled at his compliment and handed him the microphone.

" well it's your turn"

he slowly took the microphone in his hands, his face had a frightened expression. just the feeling of the microphone in his palm already made him want to quit and run away.

" why are you so afraid?" you asked him softly not wanting to make him uncomfortable.

" it brings unwanted memories. memories that haunt me.. no matter how hard i tried to forget about them, they pull me deeper and deeper into the ocean where there's no sound.." he said quietly as he stared the microphone that was shaking in his hand. he closed his eyes as he felt his grip getting loose, expecting the item to fall from his hand but instead he found another pair of hands wrapped around his.

" i'm in the same ship as you. i also want to run away from music and never look back but i can't lie to myself when i say i hate music. i love it more than anything in this whole world, i would do anything just to keep music with me forever." you said to him as let your hands wrap around his so the microphone would stay in his palm.

" sing. " you said as tears slowly started to build up in the brim of your eyes. if i can't live my dream then you do it for me jungkook.

" i-i can't...even if i wanted to. i'll just freeze up and run away-" before he could finish his sentence you smacked his head.

" what is with this negativity?! you have to be more positive! whether you're sad or you're a mess, or you've just hit rock bottom, you still have TO SING! thats how people like us survive, we sing. we're musicians , we're are own instruments. so embrace yours, show who are you to the world..."

he looked down at the small hands around his, feeling guilty of letting down his partner.

"when you sing.. who are you singing for? ask yourself that 'kay?" you said smiling at jungkook who was still lost in his head. you looked at the clock and realized you had to get to class.

" we'll continue this after school okay? don't be late !" you yelled as you ran out with your bag flying over your shoulder.

" i won't strawberry!" he said back at you giving you a thumbs up.

why is everything you say and do ,it ends up sparkling so brightly. it's too blinding for me so I end up closing my eyes. but even without my vision, i can still feel your bright life energy,
i aspire to be you y/n.

-
♡'・ᴗ・'♡ thanks for reading!!!