chapter 34 [ finale ]

[ all fan fiction ; not real ]

It was a cool, windy night; the swaying of trees and rustling of leaves could be heard but not seen, the starry sky was twinkling almost like it just gained a new star.

jungkook was walking outside of the hospital, every step he took felt like he was dragging his feet. jungkooks eyes were glossy, the night sky reflected onto them. he had just learned that you did not make it.

he stood still outside the hospital, before he knew it red-hot tears ran down his face, it felt like he was rubbing salt into his open wounds. the strength left in his legs, he sank to his knees, crying until there was nothing left inside of him. he was sobbing into his hands as the tears dripped between his fingers.

" I NEVER GOT TO DO THINGS I WANTED TO DO WITH YOU. I NEVER GOT TO KISS YOU, I NEVER GOT TELL YOU HOW PRETTY YOU ARE.

I NEVER GOT TO SAY I LOVE YOU.

I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU Y/N SO FUCKING MUCH.

PLEASE COME BACK ! DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE

please."

he cried until no more tears came, but still the emptiness and sorrow remained. jimin immediately ran towards him, taking his body and pulling him into his chest. constantly repeating the words " it's ok , it's going to be fine."

there was no longer beauty left in the world, there wasn't any reason to keep living.

—————

[ ONE YEAR LATER ]

dear y/n,
it's been a year now since you passed away. it's now spring time, the season when i first met you, a spring without you. i'm writing this letter to say a final goodbye. and also to tell you the truth.

do you remember how we first met? we accidentally ran into each other, you helped me pick up my fallen papers and that's when you read one of my lyrics.

well, what if i said that i WANTED to bump into you. what if i said i knew i was going to meet you first. yup, i forcefully made us crash into each other. why? because i always looked up to you.

you were this amazing singer, your vocals were like pure honey. so sweet , so addicting. i actually saw you perform at a competition 4 years ago, you were wearing your famous strawberry clip i remember that.

you looked so beautiful, in that moment i wanted to be your friend. i found out we were in the same school so i was excited to approach you but then i saw you with jimin. i honestly thought you guys were dating since you were always together with him. so i told a white lie, ready to hear it?
i liked summer.

i knew if jimin could set me up with summer then i'd have a reason to be friends with you.
summer was a kind person , almost found myself falling for her but then i realized who i was really in love with. it was you strawberry. everything about you was perfect to me, i never would've thought i would fall in love with you.

i'm glad i got to meet you, i'm glad i wasted my money and bought all those strawberry macaroons. isn't it funny that i learned to live, from a girl who was about to die. thank you for the journey y/n.

i'll be meeting you very soon.

- love , JK ♡︎