chapter 21

[ all fan fiction ; not real ]

" i don't think she's coming..."

" i can't perform without her!? i can't-" said jungkook as he gripped onto his hair in frustration.

where are you y/n?!?!!?

" i'll keep calling her cell but you need to go inside and figure things out." said jimin before pushing jungkook towards the door.

jungkook walked in as he played with his fingers, his anxiety was rising as he walked through the empty hallways. he reached the door which led to the grand stage where you and him would've been performing .

he waited in the waiting room, biting his nails as he kept telling himself you're on your way.

" she isn't coming so what's your backup plan?" he heard a voice behind him speak, it was that mint haired boy.

" i-i don't know. our song is a duet but i can't sing a duet by myself..." said jungkook as he looked at the current performer slowly finishing up his act.

" i could play the piano for you while you sing." said yoongi as he smiled, he felt bad for the boy who was nervous.

" b-but what song would we even perform?"

" dude i'm a piano player, i know a lot of pieces and songs. just name one and i'll play it for you." said yoongi smirking making sure to rub it in jungkooks face.

" do you know 2u by justin bieber?"

-

jungkook walked onto the stage, the grand chandelier hanging in the huge ball room. all the guests were standing and drinking a glass of champagne. there was so many important people in the crowd, this is even worse than the competition...

he stood in front of the tall stand that was holding a microphone. yoongi took his place at the piano, he bowed before sitting down. jungkook looked up at the roof, wishing you were here to give him support.

jungkook looked at the crowd, all their eyes were on him. he could feel his palms getting sweaty. he already had to need to run away, he could see his mothers figure standing in the crowd. watching him just she used to.

sing already.

jungkook felt like he was underwater all over again, only this time you weren't there to help him.

he closed his eyes in hopes to see you, to hear you.

" when you sing , ask yourself... who are you singing for?"

i sing for you. you and you only. hear me sing, will my voice reach you y/n?

" Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim i humbly implore you..." whispered jungkook to himself.

" what does that mean?" he heard yoongi ask from his place.

" don't know."

he sang with color, he sang with every word filled with emotion, he made sure he was being heard. his voice was his instrument and he owned it.

jimin listened to him sing, the way he was singing brought so many emotions, including love.
he ached at the thought of it, jungkook is in love.

and it's not with summer.

both yoongi and jungkook finished their performance in excellence. everyone clapped and cheered for both of the musicians.

did it reach her? did you hear it y/n? did i make you proud?

-

[ YESTERDAY NIGHT ; THE NIGHT BEFORE THE PERFORMANCE]

walking down your hallway in your house, going over the lyrics as you hummed your part of the song. you were excited to sing with jungkook again, you wanted to keep singing and singing with him.

as you walked you felt your legs suddenly drop, you couldn't feel them , you couldn't feel your legs at all. but before you fell, you felt your head hitting the rail that was on the wall to support you since you frequently would fall.

dropping onto the floor with a pool of blood surrounding your head and painting the lyric sheet.

" CALL THE AMBULANCE! "

-

:( oh no....