chapter 10

[ all fan fiction ; not real ]

you could smell the rubbing alcohol of the room, it had an undertone of bleach on the walls and the floor is simply grey. you lay there quietly, keeping your eyes closed, matching your breaths to the beeping of the machines that surrounded the bed, the only indications of your heartbeat, your existence. legs were numb, fluttering your eyes open to see a bouquet of flowers resting on the table.

" your awake?" you heard a familiar voice speak out. you hummed a reply to the voice. looking up to the roof, you could feel the iv prickling your skin.

" i fainted huh..."

" yeah..."

" must've pushed myself too hard then, i sang with my whole heart on the line." you said letting out a soft laugh , lifting your arm to the sky, wishing you could be outside and enjoying the warm spring day like normal people.

" is he not stopping by..."

" he did i mean he was the one who rushed you here but he had to go back home."

" i see... thanks for letting me know jimin. thanks for stopping by." you said smiling at the boy who watched over you. this wasn't the first time he sat right next to you in the hospital. he would always stop by, keeping you company.

jimin looked at your body laying there, you were in the hospital for fainting yet you still manage to keep a smile on your face. of course you do. when don't you.

he didn't know why you were always in the hospitals but he knew it wasn't normal. you would always tell a white lie to him but he always believed you. but the more you started to go to hospitals the more he realized that you're not doing well, at all.

the worst part is that he couldn't do anything to make you better. he wasn't a doctor or a miracle worker. he was just a volleyball player. that's all.

he was your best friend yet he knew nothing of you and your health. do you have a sickness? or are you just that clumsy? he didn't want to think of the bad of course.... you can't hide from it.

he watched his bestfriend slowly become more and more fragile....

thanks for not staying by my side jungkook.

[ 3 HOURS EARLIER ]

" sir please go home. it's not healthy to be here all day.." said the nurse who was looking at the boy who was sitting by your side. he hasn't left by your side, watching you sleep was painful. open your eyes already.

" not until she wakes up and is smiling again." he said not letting his eyes leave your fragile body.

since the second you fainted on the way off stage, he immediately caught you before you fell onto the cold floor, rushing you towards the hospital. even though it would've been quicker to call an ambulance, he wasn't going to wait just for some ride.

he ran towards the tall building with you in his arms. you were so cold and motionless. he didn't like it, he didn't like it one bit.

he hated hospitals, he hated the smell and the clean feeling of it but he didn't care, he entered the hospital yelling for help.

it's been a whole day since you've passed out, he didn't know why. he was greeted by your parents, they didn't look surprised but he didn't think much of it.

" go home jungkook, i'll stay and watch over her." said jimin who was just walking in.

jungkook looked up to find him standing where the door was. he sighed and nodded, even though you both just met he was worried. scared.

" i'll come by tomorrow with summer. " jungkook said patting jimins shoulder, walking away from the cold hospital room.

don't think too much of it jungkook... she's going to be fine.

[ THE NEXT DAY ]

you laughed at jimin's jokes as you heard the door swing open, there you found jungkook and summer walking in with a few treats.

" oh my gosh thank goodness it wasn't serious!!" said summer already wanting to tear up at the sight of her friend in the hospital.

" yeah must've pushed myself to my limits.. i mean i did give it my all in that performance.." you said smiling.

you looked at jungkook who was relieved you were fine.

" so how was it. how do you feel?" you asked him.
why is the one in the hospital asking me how i feel? how does she smile like that? she smiles like if nothing happened. you're too bright for me y/n.

" life changing. i feel good that our performance turned out well-"

" you're so lucky it did. if it wasn't for me you would've sucked so bad!" you said laughing at the boy.

he softly laughed along with you as he scratched his head in embarrassment.

the four of you laughed as you talked about random silly things, mostly about how the performance went.

soon both summer and jimin left since they both have their club practices, so it was just jungkook and you alone in the hospital room.

you stared out your window, the cherry blossom petals flying in the wind as the warm sunlight brighten the world. since when was everything this colorful.

" is this the first time you've fainted?" said jungkook as he played with fingers, nervous to hear your answer.

" mhm. i guess i really got exhausted of carrying the performance you know?" you said looking at him who was clearly offended, laughing at his face expression.

" i mean i can't lie, you were really amazing out there. why'd you stop singing in the first place."

i can't tell him the truth can i? i can't bother him with my problems. wouldn't hurt to tell a little white lie.

" i guess i got insecure about my singing.. but not anymore. i'm a singer for a reason right? so all i gotta do is keep singing. " you said winking at him as he smiled at your positive answer.

how are you always so positive y/n? even in this cold vacant room, the walls closing in on you yet you push them back with your radiant smile.

let's continue singing together.

-
♡'・ᴗ・'♡ thanks for reading!!!