chapter 3

[ all fan fiction ; not real ]

" you want to sing strawberry?" you heard his voice speak out from his corner he was in. you looked at him to find him looking back at you.

" n-no..." you said looking at the microphone, you can't lie to yourself y/n , you want to but you can't. you're too afraid of the outcome.

" i know you do, i saw you looking at the microphone with so much passion. your eyes speak for you."

you saw him grab the remote and pick out a song for you. he grabbed the microphone that was near him and turned it on, he handed it to you waiting for you to grab it.

you hesitated to grab it but once you felt the microphone in your palm you were reminded of memories, memories that were pure bliss while others you just wanted to forget. you looked into the microphone and smiled remembering the feeling of it in your hand. you saw the other microphone in front of you on the table and handed it to him, you saw him look at it with terror.

" if i can hold a microphone again.. you can too." you said at the boy who had a sour face on.

he sighed and took the microphone and turned it on. he didn't want to, he couldn't. yet he felt like he couldn't say no to you.

waiting for the song to start, you felt your hands get sweaty in nervousness. no i don't want too, i can't. i want to go home. i can't. gripping onto the microphone as the memories came back to your head.

the stage.

the crowd in silence.

the microphone on the floor.

the hospital.

everything about music reminded of you of those unwanted memories. you wanted to run away from music , you wanted run away and never look back. as long you never heard it you wouldn't be remind of the future that's waiting for you. but why are you here in a karaoke booth with a stranger you don't even know. you looked at the boy who was also shaking.

jungkook hated singing, he hated it so much. everything about that microphone reminded him of his worse nightmare. he could see flashbacks playing inside his head, those same memories he wanted to erase from his mind.

sing jungkook.

win the competition and come back 1st place.

you sing like a dying pig you can do better jungkook.

win only never loose.

you're a disappointment.

he could feel his head spinning as he heard his mother's voice playing over and over again, those evil words rolling off her tongue with so much ease.. how can she say such awful things yet pretend like they were nothing? just seeing the microphone in his hand reminded of him of memories of that night.

the microphone shaking in his hand...watching the crowd whisper about him...seeing his mother disgusted because him...dropping the microphone and running away, he never wanted to sing ever again.

so why was he holding it as if he was about to sing. and why with a stranger? he noticed your stares as his hand started shaking. i can't even hold a microphone anymore without thinking about the past.

seeing jungkook in such a poor state made you want to help him.

he has a fear of singing..
he also loves music just as much as i do yet we're both running away from it. maybe if i fight back to my shadow, then maybe he can as well.

you took the microphone just like you did back then. ignoring the unwanted memories looping inside your head, you sang into the microphone just like you used to.

[ JUNGKOOK ]
she sang like an angel. every word that came out of her lips was hypnotizing, pulling me into her world. a world she owned. her voice was feathery, sounding vulnerable but strong at the same time. that's what made her sound so beautiful.

you finished your part of the song in a smile, you haven't sang like that since that day. you looked at the boy who was watching you with pure adoration in his eyes. you took out your hand out for him to grab, he held onto your hand as you pulled him up.

" sing.. sing like no one was here. sing like it was your last. forget those unwanted memories and sing it. for yourself not for anyone." you said as let go from his hand. now giving all your attention on the boy who was still trembling.

you saw the lyrics start to show up meaning he has to sing in 3 seconds. you looked at him with a smile and sat back down on the couch.
with the way he's trembling i don't think he'll sing..
you looked at the microphone that was in your hand, smiling that you can still hold a note. the joy in singing never left, you always had it. as you were about to set the microphone down you heard his voice ring in your ears.

his voice... his voice was so smooth and clear and quiet yet so powerful. soothing, in a way. normally you don't really call a guy's voice beautiful, but his was. it was the promise of tomorrow. It was so beautiful, I wished that he would never stop. it was like a mother's lullaby... who knew a voice could make you feel so many emotions. his eyes never left yours, even though he just met you, he could tell that you were a musician.. a musician who lost their love for their passion. the same way he did.

before you could join him, he stopped singing. he dropped the microphone from his hand, just like he did that night.. you looked at him with concern.

" a-are you okay? do you want to stop? you can sit down!" you said as you helped him sit back down on the couch.

" it's nothing i'm sorry." he apologized as he took a deep breath. he smiled at your help and went back into his corner.

you saw how he struggled to have the will to keep on singing. he obviously misses it, he had such beautiful vocals yet he couldn't finish his part. something happened to him and it's pulling him down. suddenly you thought of an idea.

as you were about to say it ,both jimin and summer walked in with food and drinks. just when they were about to call out for their friends they heard you speak first.

" jungkook i want you to join a singing competition with me!"

-
♡'・ᴗ・'♡ thanks for reading!!!