4

ZENITH

After taking a shower- separately in the biggest bathroom I've ever seen, we had breakfast in the pack house. All the Silver Claw pack members looked at me either curiously or with respect as I am the mate of their Alpha and soon to be their Luna. Most of them bowed their heads and greeted me.

Although Shadow moon pack members respected me, it's so different when these people bow to me. It all felt new to me. Well, I can get used to this if I were to be this pack's Luna.

"Are you ready to join this pack officially or do you need more time?" Kenzo asked me.

I shrugged. "I haven't decided yet." He smiled at me assuring me it's fine.

I want to be in this pack although I miss Aiden and Davian and Alpha Titan. But I can't. Its too soon. I wanted Kenzo to know who I am or what I am before I join them and accept him. Well, I should trust him if I'm gonna do that anyway.

"Where's Niko? I haven't seen him since after the meeting." I asked Kenzo.

"He was sent on some business." He replied vaguely. I raised my eyebrow and he smiled. "He'll be back. I sent him to New York."

As we turn around to walk back to his house, his eyes glazed over and he stiffened. I looked at him worried. He's obviously mind-linking but what made him so tense and.. angry?

When his eyes are back to normal, he looked towards me. "I have something to take care of. Will you be alright going back to the house?" He asked hesitantly.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "Nothing baby. Don't worry. Go back to the house."

Hot white anger flowed through me. Did he think I can't handle anything? "If you need a mate who is just a tool to produce an heir and follow your orders, that's not me. I need a mate who believes that I can handle anything, and keep me in the loop with everything that's going on in his life. If you can't be that mate, I don't think this is going to work." I snapped at him.

His eyes softened. He looked down and sighed. "My former pack member, Jed, who I banished has been seen near the borders of our territory." He said while walking towards the border. I followed him.

"So? Can't the border patrol take care of him?" I frowned, confused.

He looked me in the eye. "He challenged Rowan and cheated by using silver secretly. He was one of the best Warriors in our pack. But because of his greed for power and his cheating I had to banish him."

"Damn. Why didn't Rowan kill him?" I questioned.

"He's injured badly because of the silver wounds." That made sense. Silver weakens our wolves temporarily. I heard a silver wound hurts like a bitch. Sometimes, if the wound is severe and silver enters our system, it can kill us if the wound is not treated for a long time.

As we walked further into the woods nearing the border, Kenzo mind-linked someone for the accurate location.

"He is around here somewhere. Stay with me." He ordered in a stern voice. I nodded and followed him looking around for the banished trespasser who I don't exactly know how he looks.

After a few minutes, I felt someone behind me and turned around but someone put their palm on my mouth preventing me to scream or yell. I was caught off guard. I'm guessing this is the man that Kenzo is looking for. I squirmed in his arms trying to get free. But he held me tight.

He dragged me somewhere and pushed me against a tree. The rough surface of a branch or something related to the tree hurt me on my back tearing my skin causing stabbing pain and bleeding. I tried not to let it show on my face. I wanted to kill this man for kidnapping me. How dare he lay a hand on me?