14

KENZO

I didn't know what to say. Everything that happened was so confusing. I felt the electric power pass through her finger where she touched me. I felt it.

She denied it but something inside me told me she is hiding something.

I am her fucking mate, damn it!! I have every right to know what she is hiding.

If she wanted some time to tell me whatever she is hiding, I would've given it to her, but what she said crumpled me. How can she say that whatever between us was a mistake? It's like a dagger to my heart. My mate didn't care for me or love me.

I waited for her for years. I wished to find her every single day, but couldn't find her.

When I finally found her, I felt like I was the happiest man in the world. Now I feel like I am falling in a deep empty abyss with her rejection.

Does she know how many people would die to be my mate? And she outright rejected me, saying it was a mistake? A bloody mistake? So what, is our mate bond a mistake?

The moment she said that whatever between us was a mistake, all my emotions left me. I couldn't feel anything. I just felt so numb. Indescribable darkness consumed my thoughts. I need to clear my head. I need some space.

I walked out of the room and the house and shifted into my huge black wolf. I know I am an Alpha, a very powerful one at that, and yet I feel so weak when it comes to my mate.

I could give her the world and it pains me to know that she doesn't want me.

I ran into the woods letting the cool breeze brush past my fur. It always refreshes my mind and clears my thoughts.

"You made our mate cry." Ray spat in my head.

I suddenly stopped in my tracks in the middle of the woods. "She cried?" I asked horrified.

I made my mate cry? But what did I do? She was the one who doesn't want me. She was the one who rejected me. She was the one who said it was a mistake. I should be the one crying, not her.

"Why wouldn't she when you accused her." Ray retorted.

"Accused? She was hiding something I could feel it. I just wanted to know the truth." I justified myself and continued my run through the woods in the dark.

Ray snorted at what I said. "You dealt with it all wrong! You made her push us away." He whimpered.

"Oh really? What should've I done?" I asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Whatever. She's a goddess. You don't deserve her." Ray grumbled and disappeared into the back of my mind disconnecting the connection between us.

"I know," I whispered to myself.

Ray used to agree that everything I did but now that doesn't seem like the case.

I wanted my mate. I needed my mate as much as Ray needs Azi.

I should somehow convince her to give us one more chance. I will apologize if need be. She is more important to me than my stupid ego.

I will let her yell at me if it means that we will reconcile. Nothing is more important to me than her.

After running for an hour, I paused and shifted back into my human form at the lake.

I heard some noise behind me and turned around only to come face to face with the banished witch, Isla.

"Well, you always look sexy, Kenzo." She purred with the sly smirk on her face.