8

A/N
Image: Kenzo and Zenith's room.
***********************

ZENITH

Was I really that powerful? Isla said that I am immensely powerful. Is it true? I mean, I've always felt so powerful and I had all these instincts when or how to use my fae powers.

I was lying on the bed thinking. I was still keeping my distance from Kenzo despite all his efforts to get me to talk to him. We had this invisible pull towards each other, sure, but I wasn't sure if I can face his rejection and get out of here without a heartbreak.

Wish I could read minds too. Or maybe I can but I wouldn't know. I assume that a mother should help their kids on how to use their powers but I learned them through instincts and books.

Even though I don't need my mother anymore, I wished she was with me. She could've at least given me the answers I needed. An explanation for her absence all these years. All she did was giving birth to me and then abandoned me when I needed her most.

I still remember her face vividly. She had kind and gorgeous chocolate brown eyes and long blonde hair, just like mine. She looked so beautiful. Ethereal.

But she was far from that. She abandoned her own child.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I asked concerned.

She hugged me tightly. Kissed me on my forehead after she pulled away. Her chocolate brown eyes bored into me. "I love you, baby. Mommy is so sorry. I am so sorry." She sobbed.

"Mom, you are scaring me. What's happening? Why are you crying?" I cried.

She looked at my face like it's the last time she is gonna look at me. Like trying to remember how I look. "Nothing dear. I hope you will forgive me someday." I frowned. What is she talking about? Forgive her for what?

I don't know what was happening but all my instincts tell me something is wrong. Hot tears rolled down my cheeks.

She kissed me on my wet cheeks and let go of me. "I have to go now. I will be back. Stay safe. Stay here until daddy comes to get you." She told me in a hurry. As if someone was chasing us. Chasing her, to be precise.

"Baby, wake up." I felt like someone shook me up. "Zenith." I heard that voice again. A familiar voice. My mate. It's Kenzo. I immediately open my eyes to look at his beautiful stormy blue eyes looking back at me with concern. "You are okay. You are here. With me. You don't have anything to worry about." Kenzo pulled my head onto his bare hard chest wrapping his arms around me. I felt so safe in his arms.

Then I remembered what I was dreaming about. It was a fucking nightmare. That was the last memory I had of my mother, a heartless and cruel woman who abandoned me.

Kenzo wiped my wet tear-soaked cheeks. Only then I noticed that I was crying. "You are safe. Don't cry." His arms tightened around me.

I hugged him back. He felt so warm. So big. I felt his hand stroking my back which comforted me very much. "I had a nightmare," I admitted.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." He said softly.

I nodded my head. "I know." I looked at his bare chest just which was right in front of my eyes. There were a few tattoos on his chest. So mysterious and beautiful. I traced my finger along the lines of the tattoos. I just didn't dare to admit, but I have a very handsome mate. He has hard abs and smooth skin which I want to keep touching. His touch always caused tingles to erupt on my skin which sped up my heartbeat and aroused me.

Then I remembered what happened in the afternoon. A clear rejection.

I immediately pulled away from him causing him to frown in confusion. "What's wrong?"