34

Image: Adir.
I do not have any rights to the image.
*****************************

KENZO

It's been two days since the rogue girls incident and my mate hasn't spoken a single word to me since then. She blocked me out of her mind. I couldn't even listen to her thoughts. It's killing me that she's angry at me. And as if I wasn't sad enough, Ray stopped talking to me too.

I was an Alpha. I have responsibilities. I can't just let rogues stay in the territory even if it's an innocent looking girl. What if we were wrong and she attacks Zenith? We were already being targeted by some insane witches. We should always be on guard. Why doesn't she understand?

"Zenith, baby, please talk to me." I pleaded her. She didn't even look at me or acknowledge me. I sighed and slipped into the bed next to her under the quilt.

When I looked at her, she was looking at me with an unreadable face. "Why don't you order me to talk to you? It's your territory, after all." Her words felt like a stab in my gut.

Then I remember saying that and instantly felt a ton of guilt and regret in me. I didn't mean it like that. I don't even know what to say to her to make her feel better or to make her understand.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that but please understand. I just wanted to keep you safe."

"I thought you being a ruthless alpha were all just mere rumors. Guess I was wrong." She said in the same cold voice.

My heart broke at her words. I'm protecting her. Why doesn't she get it? "Guess you are," I whispered but I know she heard it loud and clear.

After a moment of silence, she suddenly hugged me. "I can't stay away from you. I love you, Kenzo. It's making me sad that you're not trusting my instincts when I said she's harmless. I wish you did. My instincts were never wrong." She pulled away and turned her back on me turning to lie on her side.

"I do. I can't help but do things like that to protect you. I can't lose you. I won't." I was doing all I can to keep my mate safe. I've already done plenty to hurt her for a lifetime and I'm not doing it again.

"She wasn't our enemy Kenzo." She said in a soft voice.

I sighed. "I'm sorry and I promise you that I will consider your instincts and take decisions accordingly with you." I can't stay like this. I can't not talk to her.

"Really?" She asked turning to face me with narrowed eyes.

I smiled and nodded. "I promise." She grinned at me and I would do anything to see my mate happy. "So, you ready to meet your family tomorrow?"

She shrugged. "Yeah, maybe." I chuckled. I know she's anxious but she's also excited to meet her siblings. "Aiden and Cleo were also coming. I heard Alpha Titan is passing his title to Aiden next week and we were invited."

"Yeah, I've read the mail. Don't worry, I know how much you wanted to visit Shadow moon and meet Alpha Titan. We're going." She squealed and kissed me on my cheek.

~~

ZENITH

I suddenly felt anxious as soon as I set foot on Willow Creek pack lands. I don't know why but I feel something we don't like was going to happen. Is it my brother and sister? Is it because they don't like to meet me?

Kenzo parked his black Maserati and took my hand in his. "I can smell your anxiousness from a mile. You're going to be okay, baby, trust me. I will be with you all night as well as Aiden and Cleo."